Human Resources Officer at the American University of Nigeria
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Under the direction and technical supervision of the AHNi Senior HR Officer, the HR Officer will provide operational support to implement effective functional Human Resources (HR) processes for AHNI Nigeria in team functional areas, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS, and training.
- The HR Officer with support from AUN and AHNi HR Managers develops HR systems in assigned functional areas, e.g. Orientation Program, Recruitment Program, Benefits Program, etc. Institute/improve performance management systems for AUN and support the ACEBAY project to do the same and Institute/strengthen the HR accountability system.
- Administer AUN Nigeria's rewards and benefit systems. This includes salaries and bonuses plus employee benefits, such as pensions, life assurance, and medical insurance packages. Prepare personnel action records (PARS) for Finance action informing of any payroll additions and/or changes. These personnel actions include new hires, transfers, leavers, and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements.
- Follow up on the timesheet and leave matters and maintain a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advise management accordingly.
- Assist in coordinating and/or conducting training workshops to support field offices on such topics as supervisory skills, performance assessments, effective interviewing, etc. Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance and report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, representatives of donors and collaborating agencies, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Recordkeeping, report preparation, filing methods, and records management techniques. Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Nigerian labor/employee relations statutes, and capacity to apply them to AHNI Nigeria.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
- M.Sc / MA Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- A certified member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of the related bodies is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (a file comprising of their Cover Letter addressing the candidate’s interest in the job, why he/she is a good fit, and his program-development and administration philosophies & a detailed CV including relevant experience) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 30th April, 2022.