Information Technology (IT) Administrator at Edo Museum of West African Art (EMOWAA)
The Edo Museum of West African Art (EMOWAA) is an independent non-profit organisation in Nigeria set up to drive research and execute high-value cultural, arts and heritage initiatives in West Africa. Our evolving research partners include major institutions such as the National Commission of Museums and Monuments (NCMM), the British Museum (BM), and the Deutsche Archaeological Institute (DAI).
EMOWAA’s dynamic research programme will initially focus on the historic core of pre-colonial Benin City, the capital of the Benin Empire and one of the most important archaeological sites in West Africa. Fieldwork began early 2022 with a series of targeted excavations and geospatial mapping of ancient earthwork structures. The next phase of work with the British Museum will begin in October 2022 ahead of the construction of its new heritage research and archive centre - the Pavilion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Administrator
Location: Benin - Edo / Lagos
Contract type: Full or Part-time
Start Date: July 2022, subject to 6-month probation period
- The EMOWAA Pavilion is looking for an Information Technology (IT) Administrator to support, maintain, monitor and implement IT and data systems on a plethora of projects being run by the organisation.
- Their role will involve being the point of contact for IT matters to ensure the smooth, efficient running of the projects and encourage adherence to IT best-practice by project members. Good communication skills, and a proactive nature are key to the role.
- Duties broadly include project specific software setup, IT trouble shooting and managing the cloud-based Document Management System (DMS) and access to its content.
Data Management & Security:
- Support good data management and all digital information being created by EMOWAA or transferred to EMOWAA from external sources.
- Manage and monitor use of the Document Management System (DMS) setup in Microsoft SharePoint. This includes document and mapping any new Team or Communication sites setup in support of the project.
- Organise and administrate access to the DMS in SharePoint and folders/data within. This includes providing and removing access to project members and alter privileges as required.
- Act as a point of information for the DMS structure and ensure an efficient and intuitive setup for data management and access.
- Administer data and network security for EMOWAA’s projects, including group policy and email security.
- Review and update EMOWAA’s data management and information security policies annually.
- Ensure compliance with Nigeria’s National Information and Data Protection standards.
- Help implement best practice and adherence to project work-flows to ensure appropriate and consistent formats according to a set of project or predefined standards.
IT Planning & Resource Management:
- Conduct bi-annual gap analysis and keep track of the organisation’s hardware and software needs.
- Assess and advise on the IT requirements at the start of each new project and advise the organization’s leadership on key priorities, costs, integration complexities, and timelines.
- Be responsible for installing and upgrading system components.
- Report on data usage, and methods of data interaction on the project using the DMS SharePoint reporting metrics.
- Work with EMOWAA administration to ensure access to on-going billing and invoicing duties, including but not limited to Microsoft 365.
- Support in the preparation of budget estimates used to inform the project and help plan, organise and schedule IT work.
- Setup new project members and help new members in the first-time access process.
- Consult with project members, teams and departments to estimate and resolve IT issues
- Install and set up project software for employees, resolving IT and hardware issues.
- Support the collection of information in the field.
- Input into data storage approaches, file management and expansion methods as the project grows.
- Support and troubleshoot technical problems and help resolve IT, software and hardware issues.
- Support data conversion and transfer between software used on the project.
- Coordinate the IT needs of project staff members, contractors, and externals.
Staff Training & Guidance:
- Provide training to fellow employees about network security and the best computer usage practices.
- Educate project members in how to use SharePoint and the DMS. This includes creating guidance documents and designing in-person trainings.
- Be a point-of-contact for project staff members and available for questions and troubleshooting
- Create training guidance and run training sessions relating to Information Technology relevant to the project to ensure a consistent level of quality and efficiency on the project. This includes when implementing new SharePoint features or training new employees.
- Candidates who are resident in Benin or willing to relocate to Benin will be favoured. However, EMOWAA is also open to candidates in Lagos.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive, subject to credentials.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their 1-page Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th August, 2022.