Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurse Jobs in a Prestigious Hospital
Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurse Jobs in a Prestigious Hospital
Sep 25, 2019, 2:30 PM
HR Leverage Africa - Our client, a prestigious Hospital based in Abuja, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below: Job Title: Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Nurse Location: Abuja Job Description
- Monitor exact, detailed reports and records of critical ICU patient.
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications as per doctor order.
- Monitor patients’ fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Identify patients who are at risk of complications due to nutritional status.
- Direct and supervise less skilled nursing/health care personnel, or supervise a particular unit on one shift to patient’s response and conditions.
- Treating wounds and providing advanced life support.
- Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and elective cardio version.
- Ensuring that ventilator, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly.
- Ensure that equipment or devices are properly stored after use.
- Identify malfunctioning equipment or devices.
- Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team.
- Monitor and record symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions and inform to physician.
- Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostics tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
- Carefully observe and document patient medical information’s and vital signs.
- Document patients’ medical histories and assessment findings.
- Document patients’ treatment plans, interventions, outcomes, or plan revisions.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members about whole patient care plans.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patient’s response and conditions.
- Monitor the critical patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
- Critical care nurses may also care for pre- and post-operative patients when those patients require ICU care.
- In addition, some act as manager and policy makers, while others perform administrative duties.
- Assess patients’ pain levels and sedation requirements.
- Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Assess family adaptation levels and coping skills to determine whether intervention is needed.
- Acting as patient advocate.
- Providing education and support to patient families.
- ICU nurse must be able to draw ABG Blood and interpret report correctly.
- RN & RICN
- Valid Licence - Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- 1-2 years as in hospital environment
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Experience in intensive care
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts