Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Job Recruitment
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Job Recruitment
Mar 20, 2020, 10:26 AM
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Client Technical Specialist Req ID: 299200BR Location: Lagos Category: Sales Contract Type: Regular Position Type: Professional Employment Type: Full-Time
- You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
- Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners.
- As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape.
- The role also expects Business Partner technical enablement are delivered for security intelligence, data monitoring and protection. Business Partner technical enablement are a channel to build Business Partner ecosystem, to keep them up to date with new security capabilities incorporated within our products and solutions.
- In this role, you will be a solution subject matter expert - analyzing customer situations and requirements and designing high quality security solutions, which are tailored to the client’s business and technical needs in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition. It is essential that you are to apply in-depth understanding of best practices, key concepts, products, offerings and services within the IBM Security portfolio and utilize knowledge and experience about technology, industry and business.
- The IBM Security Client Technical Specialist position is an integral part of the sales organization and work closely with the Sales team through the PreSales cycle.
- The role requires carrying out solution technical presentations, demonstrations, delivering Proof-of-Concepts and ensure client readiness for the implementation of proposed security solutions.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value. Opportunistically pursue additional business development opportunities with the customer with Opportunity Identification.
- Monitor customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, intervening or alerting the sales and account teams to potential risks.
- Effectively communicate within the IBM Security Systems Division providing feedback from the field in support of business opportunities that can grow our security solution.
- Help deliver Business Partner technical enablement as the channel to continually build & maintain their skills.
- Technical Accelerators that includes solution presentation, demonstrations, Proof of Technology & Proof of Concepts for IBM Security products.
- Engaging deployment team to review key deployment milestones such as architecture & design, installation & production setup
- Acts as IBM Security subject-matter technical expert to validate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Build confidence with clients to become their trusted advisor for security.
- Supports sales team on prospect conference calls, WebEx and onsite visits by providing product demonstrations; expertly responds to technical questions and explains features in the context of solving customer’s business problems using IBM Security Solutions.
- Leads technical response to client’s Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) with the ability to articulate through writing clearly high- quality responses that describes the solution and how it meets the customers’ functional and non-functional requirements.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in cybersecurity field implementing IT security solutions.
- A board range hands-on experience on security products demonstrated in the field.
- Experience in engaging with clients to help design threat management and data security solutions.
- Flexible to change and time-manage between multiple customer projects.
- Holds a University Degree preferably with a Master of Science Degree
- CISSP or equivalent technical certification
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to engage with multiple customers and transform their requirements to security solution design.
- Ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of Technical consulting/Technical sales/Technical Architecture experience in IT security encompassing On- Premise and SaaS solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Channel Sales Representative (IBM Data & AI) Req ID: 296850BR Location: Lagos Category: Sales Position Type: Professional Employment Type: Full-Time Contract Type: Special Terms
- At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible.
- Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
- Identifies and establishes ongoing relationships within the partner ecosystem influencers to ensure their participation in successful, cost effective achievement of sales objectives.
- Clearly articulates IBM strategy and offerings, advises partners on the latest industry trends and technology solutions, and recommends IBM products, services and solutions that solve the business problem.
- Identifies a clear business development plan with each partner and closely follow up execution and pipeline execution.
- Reaches to IBM Middle East and Africa and World Wide team for support required to secure partner success.
- Understands competitive landscape within his territory and build the right competitive attack / winback plays leveraging the partner ecosystem.
- The IBM Data & AI Channel specialist has the responsibility of building the channel ecosystem for IBM Data&AI offerings, he / she will be required to identify the right partners that can promote IBM Data&AI offerings in the East African market, help them to build sales and technical skills required allowing them to understand customers challenges and propose the right solutions.
- He / She will be responsible of building a business plan with partners, closely follow the plan execution, use IBM resources and put the right enablement plan allowing the partner to execute the agreed upon plan.
- He / She will also act as the partner advocate within IBM and seek help and support required the partner to become successful, expectation from the candidate will be around the below points:
- Performs as the central point to pull together the elements of a complete partner successful operation.
- Experience: 8+ years of experience in IT sales / business development role, preferences for roles around Information and Data Management.
- Education: University degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Business or equivalent
- Experience: 10+ years of experience in IT sales / business development role, preferences for roles around Information and Data Management.
- Education: University degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Business or equivalent.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts