Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Vacancy for a Laboratory Manager
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Vacancy for a Laboratory Manager
Feb 7, 2019, 9:36 PM
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Laboratory Manager Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2019-007 Location: Ibadan, Oyo Contract: 2-years renewable contract Recruitment Type: National (2-years renewable contract) Duties Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Ensure implementation of GHU standard operating procedures (SOPs), quality control and quality assurance as per the GHU QMS systems
- Manage GHU service requests (permits, pre- and post-entry inspections, seed health testing and other related) monitor progress and ensure timely delivery of sevice;
- Manage and safe keep GHU research records, service requests and electronic data (data management and documentation);
- Report non-compliance, including documenting the instances as how procedures were abated and report immediately or on weekly basis to the supervisor.
- Serve as liason with internal clients and quaratine authorities;
- Conduct research and services as directed including seed health testing and diagnostics;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- M.Sc in Plant Biology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Biotechnology or related field with minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be familiar with the latest policies and phytosanitary procedure and diagnostics to stay abreast with advancements;
- Submit reports as per the reporting guidelines and timeline to supervisor.
- Provide timely response to general enquires from supervisor, staff and partners;
- Ensure full compliance to GHU SOPs;
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts