Investment Research Officer at Anchoria Asset Management Limited
Sep 17, 2020, 9:59 PM
Anchoria Asset Management Limited is a specialist provider of active investment products and services to institutional and individual investors. Our investment products focus on capital preservation while providing income and asset class diversification.
We leverage the experience and financial strength of our core investors, VFD Group and Anchoria Investment & Securities, market position and intelligence of Nigerian financial, forex & real asset markets. This allows us focus on our clients’ best interests to build upon solid investment and risk management processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Research Officer
Location: Marina - Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Build/update and maintain financial models for individual companies under coverage, as well as a sector database covering earnings, valuations and macroeconomic data for relevant companies.
- Initiate research coverage on assigned sectors, producing insightful research reports, regular maintenance research as well as thematic research reports.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Weekly Economic and Financial Commentary.
- The Analyst will be assigned coverage of macroeconomic variables, and is expected to provide in-depth analysis for the Monthly Economic Insights and AAM Economic Outlook.
- Provide data support on coverage sectors to Asset Management business.
- Maintain and update research contribution to distribution channels like Bloomberg, Factset, Thompson Reuters (Refinitiv) and S&P Capital IQ.
- Build industry database for sector under coverage and provide in-depth analysis on equities covered to domestic statement and foreign institutional portfolio managers to aid investment decision.
- Regularly get out of the office to meet management of the companies you cover, competitors, and suppliers and conduct channel check-utilize being based locally to give investors an on the ground perspective.
- Write call notes and present investment recommendations, background and breaking information on covered companies to the equity sales team in order to drive trades.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the line manager towards achieving departmental as well as organizational goals.
Experience and Qualifications
- BSc. in relevant fields. A CFA (completed or in-view) or finance-related post-graduate trainings and programmes could be an added advantage.
- 4 - 7 years' experience working as a research and investment analyst in a reputable Asset Management firm in Nigeria.
- Proficient with Excel and other analytical tools
- Strong communications skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently while fully functioning within a team environment.
- Ability to monitor and assess numerous data sources, industry sectors, asset classes and investments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully perform with multiple priorities.
- Ability to develop and refine complex financial models, analytical processes and methodologies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using "Investment Research Officer" as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 21st September, 2020.