IT Coordinator at Altara Credit Limited
Jun 15, 2020, 7:58 PM
Altara Credit Limited (“Altara”) is a Nigerian consumer and business services venture. Our core value proposition is to improve the quality of life for the average Nigerian by driving financial inclusion. Altara is built on serving the underbanked and the otherwise financially excluded.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Coordinator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo (Might require some local travel)
- We are looking to hire an “IT Coordinator”. This is a role where you will report directly to the Software & IT Lead. The IT Coordinator is a team member responsible for the provision of first-level IT support services to all employees across our various stores in Ibadan for all IT-related concerns and technologies. (Laptops, Desktops, Phones, Tabs, ISP).
- S/he acts as the primary technical contact, deliver advanced technical troubleshooting and problem-solving solutions for the organization and employees including, issues escalated to the highest level of management.
Further Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and resolving hardware or software related issues.
- Escalate observed or reported incidents to the appropriate next line of reporting/units for prompt resolution.
- Talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues across all company branches in Ibadan
- Carryout routine maintenance, servicing, repairing and replacing of equipment as necessary.
- Be proactive in keeping abreast with current IT trends, discovering, testing and implementing new technologies.
- Software/ ERP Application support and diagnosis
- Testing and quality assurance for softwares/features implemented
- Providing user manuals for new features on ERP and newly implemented application
- Maintaining inventory records for IT equipment
- Establishes relationships with technology and component vendors
- Oversees IT devices and IT support staffs
- Manages departmental budget and tracks spending on equipment and staff
- Develops and maintains emergency plans to address equipment, power, or security failure to ensure preservation of technology and data
- Ensures all users benefit from effective technology and efficient Internet access, and continually assesses needs and requirements
- Troubleshoot issues with IT equipment like printers, computers and servers.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Provide direct support/technical assistance with users of hardware, operating system software and other systems software.
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service.
- Provide backup technical support for networks including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
- Run software updates and backups when requested.
- Development/deployment of new computers, servers, applications and IT equipment.
- Any other deliverable that might be assigned by Team lead
- Minimum of OND Computer Science /Computer Engineering or other related courses from an accredited Institution of Higher Learning, (IT Certification; CCNA/ CCNP an added advantage).
- Commitment to achieving performance goals.
- An ability to prioritize and stick to strict deadlines
- 2 years+ of working in a similar role or other closely related roles.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested candidates should send an email with the following information below to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.
Your email should contain:
- Your Resume (1 page max.)
- A short paragraph as to why you are interested in the role (Half a page)
- In 5 bullet points, choose 5 individual responsibilities (listed above) and express why you would excel in the role with an example of a project you have completed in the past to support each point
Application Deadline 18th June, 2020.