Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Building and Construction > Latest Job Vacancies at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
Latest Job Vacancies at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
Jun 25, 2018, 7:00 PM
Proportion Construction & Dredge Works Nigeria Limited is in the business of construction built on a foundation of hard work and dedication specializing in General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, Consulting and Concrete. We diversify our strategy to span from Agency, Real Estate Development, Road/Rail and Bridge Construction to Dredging but we do so with a higher purpose. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Chief Quantity Surveyor Location: Abuja Duties and Responsibilities
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for Projects.
- Attend progress meetings and provide updates Client with projection of costs as required.
- Prepare evaluations/ cost projections of the assignment to meet requirements of works in progress
- Liaise with contractors to advise on requirements of contract
- Inspect site for collation of information for monthly statement which includes but not limited to recommendation on interim payments, statement of claims from contractor, anticipated claims from contractor and assessment of costs of works and expected final cost.
- Prepare variation orders through site visits to record information on claims/variations.
- Perform cost analysis and draw up reports on changes to works and contractor’s claims.
- Assist the Project Manager to prepare and approve contractor’s final accounts.
- Finalize the Final Account of projects.
- Assist in any contracts administration duties related to QS.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as Site Managers, Project Managers and Site Engineers.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, Bills of Quantities for all disciplines and Costs Estimates.
- Liaise with Project Directors and attend Tender procedures and prepare Tender Reports
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the Projects.
- Prepare award of contracts, checks contract documents as well as make recommendations of contractor’s valuations.
- Provide assistance to Project Manager on contractual issues.
- Evaluate variations and handle contractual correspondences.
- A good University Degree or its equivalent in Quantity Survey
- Application of Microsoft project to produce programme of work
- Ability to produce method statement/work methodology without supervision.
- Should possess atleast 7-10 years post-qualification of proven work experience as a Quantity Surveyor in road and bridges construction.
- Must be a Member of Institute of Quantity Surveyors
- Must possess a practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking.
- You will assist in undertaking Topographical, Measured Building, GPS and GIS Surveys and will assist in handling projects to produce digital data.
- Your remit shall extend to the application of quality control, performance monitoring and reporting, technical procedures and maintenance of records in accordance with our Quality Assurance System.
- Minimum of OND in Surveying and Geoinformatics.
- 2-4 years’ experience in land surveying in general.
- Proficient use of modern survey equipment with project examples.
- Locate and mark sites selected for geophysical prospecting activities.
- Direct aerial surveys of specified geographical areas.
- Efficient completion of survey projects in AutoCAD to specification.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient use of HD laser scanners including registration and Point cloud processing.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Self-motivated and result oriented
- Attention to details and high aptitude
- Ability to multitask with high level of creative
- Proactive personality and ability to work independently.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts