Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Oil and Gas > Job for a CAD Administrator in an International EPC Company in Rivers State
Job for a CAD Administrator in an International EPC Company in Rivers State
Oct 30, 2019, 11:09 PM
Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, a leading international EPC Company requires for immediate employment a suitably qualified candidate for the position below: Job Title: CAD Administrator Location: Rivers Job Objective
- To provide Project PDMS/3D CAD Setup and Administration Activities, Data Base Administration, Clash Manager set up, report customization, Spooler Set up & Catalogue Building in an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) environment.
- Database administration
- Loading catalogues and specifications
- Setting up users and databases
- Generate various reports from the 3D model as per project requirements
- Work with SmartPlant Reference Data (SPRD) to load PDMS specifications coming from SPRD and coordinate to resolve any errors with SPRD.
- Coordinate with design teams for MTOs (for input into SPRD) and other reports (weight reports, center of gravity (COG) etc.)
- Setup support configuration and customization using MDS to enable supports modelling and drawing extraction
- Coordinate with all disciplines to ensure that the output of 2D drawings from 3D model is maximized
- Ensure that project databases are cleaned up and merged periodically
- Create Review / Navisworks file of the 3D model daily
- Good understanding of Design Engineering and associated work practices
- Very good knowledge of configuring and supporting all modules within Vantage PDMS
- Able to coordinate all PDMS/3D model activities between all engineering departments
- Practical knowledge of PML/PML II programming language
- Able to generate video presentations using Review
- Setup & configure drawing styles & rulesets for extraction of various types of 2D drawings for various disciplines
- Should have good understanding of PDMS Spooler Module for user support, trouble shooting and configuration and customization
- Manage PDMS Global and PDMS Extract Databases. Coordinate with Systems lead in setting up global projects
- Coordinate with Systems lead for maintaining global catalogues
- Setup progress measurement gates
- Setting and implementation of isometrics
- Extraction materials list
- Create Macros
- Report customization
- Assist design team in preparing the 3D modeling procedure for the project
- Create new catalogues for the projects as per vendor data for piping, structural & E&I
- Liaise with 3D model coordinator for the smooth functioning of projects
- Support / Guide the design team for any issues (all disciplines)
- Set up the clash management and run clash reports as per the project schedule
- Generate weekly progress reports for 3D administration
- Create local backups of running projects as necessary
- A Bachelor's Degree (BSc) in Engineering and/or IT background
- Preferably a COREN Registered Engineer.
- 5+ years experience in CAD Administration within the Oil and Gas EPC (or related) environment. Experience as a Piping Designer (PDMS/3D) preferred.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts