Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Maritime > Job For Head, Business Development In A Reputable Marine Company
Job For Head, Business Development In A Reputable Marine Company
May 17, 2019, 4:39 PM
Alan & Grant - Our client is an indigenous marine support company incorporated to provide marine services in Nigeria. They are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Head, Business Development (Marine) Location: Lagos Zip/Postal Code: 234 Industry: Marine Job Summary
- An opportunity for a seasoned Head, Business Development expert to join a leading marine services company.
- The job holder would build and lead a team that would manage existing relationship, closing new businesses to achieve the company's quarterly and annual target.
- Assist in developing a marketing strategy towards achieving business objectives.
- Identify prospective clients and opportunities in the marketplace through various sources such as newspapers, NIPEX, client contacts etc.
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients.
- Oversee, day-to-day, the schedule for timely responses to RFQs, RFIs and RFPs.
- Ensures professional presentation of company’s document of policies, procedures, vessel technical specifications, work history etc.
- Liaise with client’s key personnel for intelligence regarding tender processes to ensure a competent submission.
- Develop and manage business relationship with the international oil companies with established Nigerian presence to project the organization as a competitive player in oil & gas product trading/supply; and with representatives of key government parastatals, regulatory bodies etc. for trading unit business objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate documentation for the Business Development department.
- Maintain various reports regarding database of tenders, pre-qualifications and competitors in the marketplace.
- Stay informed of business environments and industry trends, providing the company with feasibility studies, market intelligence and business analysis to determine the organization’s position in the marketplace and guide in proper business decisions.
- Must possess hands on knowledge of sales, Negotiation, Market research and Intelligence.
- Strong Commercial Leadership Skills with proven capability of working in a matrix environment and of leading by influence.
- Proactively identifies ways to contribute to the organization’s goals and missions; achieves results without needing reminders from others; identifies and takes action to address problems and opportunities.
- Applies creative problem-solving skills to his/her work to develop solutions to problems
- Computer Literate: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Entrepreneurial-oriented philosophy and an active team-player.
- Bachelor's Degree in any Business-related discipline; Member Institute of Certified Sales Professional (ICSP) or National Institute of Marketing Nigeria
- Proven record of success within the business development role.
- Extensive business acumen
- Minimum of 7 years Business Development, Sales and/or Marketing experience with at least 4 years in a managerial position (Marine industry experience preferred).
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts