Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Job For Site Electrical Engineer In A Renowned Energy Company
Job For Site Electrical Engineer In A Renowned Energy Company
Jun 17, 2019, 12:38 PM
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) - Our client, a leading off-grid clean energy and cooling solutions provider for the commercial sector delivering sustainable solar power and cooling services with an objective to achieve significant and measurable cost savings for clients whilst being the catalyst to deliver a substantial reduction in Carbon Emissions for business. We are recruiting to fill the position of: Job Title: Site Electrical Engineer Location: Garki, FCT, Abuja, Nigeria Job Type: Full-time Job Description
- The facilities and maintenance engineer is to organize and control all the activities in the site/region, managing the contractors during construction as well as managing the infrastructure after commissioning to retain the integrity of the system, enhance performance and exceed client expectation in the service delivery.
- Ensure that standard operating procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work are adhered to Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Responsible for the management and performance of the Electrical and HVAC team in the region.
- Ensure work performed by all technicians is of good workmanship and compliant with current local codes.
- Perform weekly /monthly safety & quality control inspections
- Implement all electrical design aspects of company research and development projects. Oversee maintenance, testing, and repair of company-owned electrical equipment.
- Perform site visits on new project opportunities to determine the available site power, and utility/facility constraints, collect information regarding construction permits, evaluate potential site support contractors, and assist with the preparation of cost estimates.
- Assist with instrumentation and control system design. Develop and/or modify configuration programs, logic diagrams, develop specifications and/or QC subcontractor-prepared programs.
- Implement point-point wiring diagrams and select components for company-built control panels.
- Implement design specifications and functional requirements for solar energy systems or components and Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities as designed for the specific site.
- Must be a detail-oriented, time manager with the ability to meet deadlines and focus on project schedules.
- Must possess organizational, and self-management skills, as lots of remote work would be required.
- Must be experienced in data collecting and reporting
- Must possess strong leadership capabilities
- Minimum of BSc/HND in Electrical Engineering from a reputable institution.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in Electrical engineering role
- Experience with Inverters and Solar panels is compulsory
- Candidate is expected to consistently display strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts