Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Job Vacancies in a British-Nigerian School in Abuja (Tender Years Preparatory School)
Job Vacancies in a British-Nigerian School in Abuja (Tender Years Preparatory School)
Jul 7, 2020, 5:48 AM
Tender Years Preparatory School (TYS) is a British-Nigerian school in Abuja that was established in 2005 and has maintained an outstanding reputation for the personal growth and academic excellence of its pupils. This has been accomplished through the efforts of a dedicated staff, small classes, a secure environment and a rigorous curriculum. We pride ourselves on the good behavior of our pupils and depth of parental involvement.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Front Desk / Admin Officer (Female) Location: Abuja
- We are looking for a Front Desk Officer with great customer services skills who will be responsible for keeping up-to-date records, receiving and directing guest, answer telephone calls, voice-over coordination and carryout other administrative duties.
- Answer, screen and direct telephone calls to appropriate department or individual, maintain a track record of incoming and outgoing calls.
- Respond politely to all clients, customers and calls from various quarters.
- Receive and attend to clients (Ability to work as an administrator) and handle all reception related activity independently.
- Collate time sheet summaries, prepare the time sheet reports.
- Accept the requisition for stationery, equipment and supplies, order for the delivery and purchase of the items.
- Carry out other assignments as may be required from time to time.
- B.Sc/HND in any field.
- Administrative Skills:
- Microsoft Office tools.
- Good communications skills.
- Good customer relation skills
- Great interpersonal skill
Job Title: Business Studies Teacher Location: Abuja
- We are looking for an experienced, committed, dynamic, competent and experienced business studies teachers and educators.
- Provide our pupils with engaging and exciting learning experiences by planning and teaching well structured lessons
- Impart knowledge and develop understanding through effective use of lesson time
- Effectively use a variety of teaching and organizational styles and resources including ICT
- Nurture and develop the students’ love for education through own passion for teaching.
- Set high standards and provide role modeling for student and pupils
- Have a detailed and thorough knowledge of business studies and knowledge of British curriculum.
- Deliver fun and enjoyable lessons that will inspire young minds and achieve results.
- Demonstrate initiative and a commitment to your own professional development
- Develop and maintain good professional relationships and contribute positively to curriculum development
- B.Sc, HND, OND or NCE
- Good Communication and interpersonal schools
- Minimum 2 years verifiable teaching experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience of teaching phonics is preferred and an added advantage
Job Title: School Manager / Administrator Location: Abuja
- To act as a full member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) representing the interests of the school.
- To lead and support staff in delivering high quality service and curriculum through development matters.
- Develop programs for enabling school students and families to meet academic goals.
- To promote a safe, stimulating and caring learning environment and to work with the team and provide high quality care and to promote and maintain high standards of good professional practice.
- Ensure Annual Yearly Progress meetings and execute programs to conform academic success.
- Establish policies as per School’s performance management, succession planning and staff management.
- Handle expenditures and budget with School Finance to satisfy financial obligations.
- Create and manage attractive, organized, functional, healthy and safe facilities in the school.
- Oversee school activities to ensure educational goals and outcomes’ are fulfillment.
- Minimum Qualification of MBA / MSc
- Minimum of 5- 10years experience
- Must have experience in British curriculum
- Must be able to use MS word.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Title: House Parent / Patron Location: Abuja
- We are looking for an experienced, committed, dynamic, competent house parent/patron to assists with daily living activities in our school.
- Maintain discipline in the hostel.
- Ensure the safety of all borders.
- Maintain hostel facilities and equipment and report any damage.
- Maintain a clean, decent and habitable environment in the hostel.
- Ensure that all schedules are followed rigorously.
- Ensure that living and hygienic standards are constantly maintained in the hostel.
- Arrange and supervise activities that promote intellectual, physical, social and spiritual development.
- Enforce extracurricular activities to keep hostel students engaged and strong.
- Attend to the complaints of students regarding hostel climate and provide counseling services if need be.
- B.Sc or HND qualification.
- Experience with general domestic and support work
- Ability to discipline, mentor and monitor female students
- Excellent conflict resolution skill. Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good sense of judgment and fairness to all
- Ability to practical first aid
Salary Very attractive
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using "Job Title" as subject of your mailApplication Deadline 15th July, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts