Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Job Vacancy at Palladium International for an Operations Associate
Job Vacancy at Palladium International for an Operations Associate
Mar 11, 2019, 12:19 PM
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Operations Associate Location: Abuja Project Overview and Role Propcom Mai-Karfi is a six-year DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in northern Nigeria. It now has a three-year extension 2018-2021 to work in a reduced number of states from mid 2018:
- BAY States (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe);
- GBT States (Gombe, Bauchi and Taraba) and
- Partnership states (Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa).
- The Operations Associate serves as part of the project’s operations team. This team is responsible under the leadership of the Director of Operations for the management and support in the delivery of projects.
- The specific purpose of the position is to support the management and implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations
- The Propcom Mai-karfi Operations Associate will be expected to provide support to the corporate operations team as well as the project teams in the execution of the day to day operational activities and provide such support around the period of key deliverables required by both DFID and Palladium.
- Propcom Mai-Karfi staff work as part of an integrated team and as such, the Operations Associate will be expected to contribute in other ways as directed by his/her line manager to the overall success of team/programme activities.
- Serve as one liaison point between corporate services and the project
- Prepare Payment Approval Request forms
- Review project Field Vouchers on a weekly basis
- Where applicable support the operations team with training of project staff on company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations
- In collaboration with Finance establish project account codes, ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet client’s and project’s requirements for cost allocation, monitoring and evaluation, and
- Support HR Manager while recruiting, contracting and onboarding
- In collaboration with Programme HR Manager maintain project data on relevant HR systems for short-term and long-term staff and consultants.
- Support the monitoring and maintenance of compliance with head/prime contracts
- Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting (for example: Project Highlight Reports (PHRS), quarterly Internal Project Reviews (IPRs), project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables) and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose
- Assist with project financial / cash-flow planning, process funding requests from the field, and process monthly Funds Transfer Requests (FTRs)
- Support in the updating of the asset register and any disposal process of items.
- In collaboration with Security, ensure safety and security procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, are in place and adhered to
- Support Contracts and Compliance Manager with procurement, spots checks and due diligence when required.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of Project Management
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyses financial reports for wider audiences.
- Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Project management of administrative support experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s)
- Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Flexible and adaptable. Keen to be involved in several aspect of project operations.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts