Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Job Vacancy For IT Infrastructure Engineer at SIAT Nigeria Limited
Job Vacancy For IT Infrastructure Engineer at SIAT Nigeria Limited
Jul 23, 2019, 2:29 PM
SIAT Nigeria Limited is an agro-allied company engaged in the cultivation of oil palms and the processing of its products. We have more than 16,000 hectares planted with oil palms and employ about 4,500 workers at Ubima and Elele Estates in Rivers State. We require for employment suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below: Job Title: IT Infrastructure Engineer Location: Rivers Reporting to: The Group IT Manager and the Chief Financial Officer Duties and Responsibilities The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide 3rd line technical support
- Provide technical expertise for 1st and 2nd line IT support staff, sharing technical knowledge.
- Monitor, diagnose and resolve problems with key IT systems to ensure systems work efficiently
- Manage crisis situations and work under pressure to resolve problems
- Undertake projects to improve and upgrade key IT systems as directed bythe Group IT Management
- Produce relevant documentation and activity reports
- Software knowledge - work with a variety of software with working knowledge of how these various systems interact virtually, conduct rapid troubleshooting
- Hardware knowledge - routers, servers, PCs, printers, and other equipment all fall under the candidate’s purview. The engineer also knows how to manage LANs and wired/wireless networks to connect these devices
- Problem-solving skills - getting many pieces of hardware and software to work in harmony. Strong deductive reasoning and patience skills
- Customer service - the candidate will work with internal rather than external partners. Communicating well with these “customers” is an absolute priority. The engineer will resolve outages quickly and build strong working relationships. The candidate will:
- Have excellent telephone and e-mail communications
- Be approachable and friendly
- Be able to organize and prioritise workload
- Be able to work within a team, facilitating team interaction
- Be willing to work outside of core-hours when the need arises
- Teaching ability - the candidate may need to explain complex technical concepts to non technical colleagues and train them to use software and hardware
- Organization skills - whether keeping cable sprawl to a minimum, documenting the work, or prioritizing requests for support, the candidate-will need to stay organized to keep on top of its tasks.
- Backup systems and solutions (Veeam solutions, NAS hardwares)
- Cloud based systems and Microsoft Terminal Services remote accesses
- VSAT and Leased Lines WAN systems
- Line of sights Point to Point radio wireless systems
- Wifi deployment and maintenance, good experience with Ubiquiti systems
- Two-way radio systems, good experience with Motorola systems.
- Microsoft Office 2010 to 365
- Microsoft Sever/Active Directory
- Microsoft Group Policy
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft IIS
- VMware vSphere
- Networking experience to include LANs, WANs and VPNs
- Sophos/Cyberoam Experience (working with Firewalls, configuring VPNs, Layer-3 devices)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Interviews will be held at our Head Office at Ubima.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts