Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Legal Manager Vacancy at Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited, 20th September 2019
Legal Manager Vacancy at Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited, 20th September 2019
Sep 20, 2019, 1:36 PM
Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of Transsion Holdings formerly known as TECNO Telecom Limited, established in July 2006, is a high-tech company specializing in the R&D, production, sale and service of mobile communication products. After years of development, TRANSSION has become an important part of the mobile phone industry and one of the major mobile phone manufacturers in the world. Currently, it has full ownership of three famous mobile phone brands TECNO, itel and Infinix, and an after-sales service brand Carlcare. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Legal Manager Location: Lagos Key Roles and Responsibilities Legal Advisory/Contractual Agreements/Litigation Related Matters:
- Prepare and review of simple letters and contracts on behalf of the Company;
- Liaise with company lawyers in the drafting of contracts, review of contracts and preparation of court case files
- Oversee lawsuits, act as chief litigator. Attend to court cases on behalf of company
- Liaise with company lawyers in all court matters
- Participate in the development of policies and regulations relating to our company
- Ensure the company fills out and submits all its legal paperwork
- Carry out NCC Type Approval Registrations of company’s mobile phones;
- Carry out SON Products registrations of the Company’s products;
- Keep records of and notify all Business Units of the progress of Type Approval Registrations and SON Product registrations;
- Follow up on Company’s Intellectual Property Registrations;
- Follow up on lottery related matters on behalf of the Company;
- Follow up on other industry related compliance requirements
- Taking of meeting minutes and preparation of reports to management
- Maintain a good record of contracts, MOUs and Legal documents
- Maintain all records and documentations of the legal department;
- Carry out other functions as may be assigned.
- Manage the legal budget to get the most services for the least money
- Maintenance of proper documentation, compliance checklists and regular tracking w.r.t. land records, approvals and related transactions
- Handle internal and external legal concerns
- Maintain an understanding of the business and the industry
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Law from a good university
- 5 years post call work experience.
- Hands-on regulatory and compliance expertise
- Must be no more than 35 years by December 2019.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting documents and laws
- Experience in drafting contracts and due diligence
- Must reside in Lagos
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications especially Microsoft Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good judgement, with an ability to work with confidential information
- Must be Proactive with the ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Must have excellent reporting capabilities
- Strong understanding of corporate law and procedures will be a bonus.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts