Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Leventis Foundation Nigeria Modern & Sustainable Agriculture Training Programme 2019
Leventis Foundation Nigeria Modern & Sustainable Agriculture Training Programme 2019
Oct 3, 2019, 1:01 AM
The Leventis Foundation Nigeria is a charitable company dedicated to the training of farmers in modem and sustainable agricultural practices and rational use of natural resources. The Foundation has been running agricultural training for youths and farmers since 1987 and currently has six schools in the different agroecological zones of Nigeria. The schools located in the FCT, Osun, Kaduna, Kano and Gombe states are co-financed by Leventis Foundation and the respective State Governments. All the Schools offer training to young people (male and female) desirous of making a good career in farming. In addition to the regular one-year training, Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) offer a variety of consultancy services and targeted short courses in several aspects agriculture e.g. Poultry production, Vegetable production, Bee-keeping, Honey production, Fish farming, Mushroom production, Value chain mapping etc. We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for: Title: Admission into a One-Year Training Programme in Modern & Sustainable Agriculture Description
- The comprehensive one-year training exposes the participants to several areas of agriculture and other farm businesses.
- Admission is open to both male and female candidates.
- Tuition and boarding (including feeding) is provided free of charge for successful candidates throughout the duration of the course.
- The objective of the training, which is FREE OF ALL COSTS to the beneficiaries, is to create in Nigeria, generations of committed young practical farmers who will act as catalysts for agricultural revolution in their communities.
- Be physically fit
- Ability to read and write in English (evidence of minimum of Junior Secondary School may be required)
- Aged between 18 and 40 years
- Pass both written and oral test prior to final selection
- Should demonstrate perceivable interest in agriculture
- Proof of a farming background is an advantage.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts