Logistics Assistant at Solidarites International
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency/post - emergency programs in WASH/FSL sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 4 Months with possible extension
Purpose / Aim
- The logistics assistant supports the logistician in implementing and supervising all logistical activities at his/her assigned base.
- In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the logistics officer in their absence.
Management of Supplies:
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Control Solidarites International purchase procedures
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
- Verify and process quote requests and IOFs
- Compose and archive purchase folders
Management of Vehicle Fleet:
- Assist in the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Draw up the vehicle schedule
- Assist in monitoring and consolidating fuel consumption and miles travelled for all vehicles
- Prevent misappropriation of petrol and spare parts
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
Management of Equipment / Telecommunications:
- Assist in installing and securing materials
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining materials
- Organize training sessions in the use of means of communication.
Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment:
- Update antivirus software
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment.
Management of Supplies:
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Support the logistics officer in carrying out stock checks and physical inventories.
Human Resource Management:
- Assist in the recruitment process and in evaluating the members of the logistical team
- Establish team schedules in conjunction with the logistics officer
- Ensure or assist with logistical training.
- Studies: Degree, HND or equivalent
- Experience: Desirable experience with other NGO with at least two years’ experience
- Languages: English, Hausa, or other local language desirable
- IT: Computer literacy (Microsoft office, PowerPoint), radio and security equipment user-knowledge
- Others: Result in quality orientation, team work and preparation, behavioural flexibility, commitment to SI Principles, Service Orientation, Space Management.
What We Offer
Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, life insurance - covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th August, 2022 at 4:00 PM.
Important Information and Notice
- Fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarités International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date