Logistics Officer at Bolin Bakeries and Catering Company
May 16, 2020, 2:43 AM
Bolin Bakeries and Catering Company - We are a key baking company with innovative baked products and services spanning 6 states in Nigeria. We produce high quality baked goods under hygienic conditions using the most modern machinery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- The logistics officer is responsible for providing logistic support and overseeing the overall logistic processes involved in the production and supply of the organization’s products and services.
- They are responsible for the planning, oversight, and management and coordination of logistics support operations to ensure smooth accomplishment of projects.
- He is also responsible for prioritizing work orders and organizing tasks based on project deadlines.
- He also creates a plan or time-table for the movement of vehicles to required destination.
- He also prepares a schedule to track and station materials promptly, as well as providing for preventive maintenance to ensure that equipment are sound and strong.
- Logistics officers are also responsible for the movement of materials to the warehouse.
- They are responsible for preparing shipping documentation and providing support in merging materials into single shipments, including crating and packaging when necessary.
- They manage fleet and facilities; they oversee vehicle drivers.
- The logistics officer plans the set-up of project sites, as well as coordinating, directing, and monitoring activities of employees, contractors, and others involved in executing an assigned project.
- He also supervises to ensure It that a project takes-off and is completed smoothly.
- He also works hand-in hand with subcontractors to ensure that communications and safety protocols are followed.
- You are required to have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, or Transportation; Industrial Distribution, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain Management, or in a related field with a minimum of 2nd class upper degree.
- Knowledge: It is important that applicants have an understanding of logistics operations and practices. They must also have at least 3 years extensive work experience in logistics or supply chain management roles.
- Communication skills: Applicants must be able to communicate with various stakeholders, including customers, colleagues, vendors, etc. It is also vital for composing and delivering responses to customers, attending to complex questions in a clear and concise manner, and reporting the status of assigned tasks
- Organizational skills: He must be able to plan, prioritize, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines
- Client orientation: It is essential that they have a customer focus attitude to regard those to whom services are provided for as customers. Having a customer orientation helps to understand customer requirements, identify clients’ needs, and match them to appropriate solutions, or suggest and implement solutions to customer issues
- Flexibility: He must be willing and able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
- Applicant must be able to develop logistics plans, policies, and procedures, and provide technical and procedural advice in a broad range of logistics areas. It is also essential that logistics officers can efficiently and rapidly store and retrieve information using filing and tracking systems.
- Applicants must have a thorough understanding of MS Office applications and logistics software necessary to conduct research and complete routine/moderately complex tasks.
- Analytical skills: Applicant must be able to assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions.
- Interpersonal skills: It is crucial that they can establish and preserve productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect, as well as nurture an effective working relationship with the work team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: email@example.com with "Logistics Officer" as subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st May, 2020.