Logistics Officer at International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- This position will be based in Damboa with rotation travels to Maiduguri based on the activity requirements to perform logistics support to IMC Damboa field office and act as logistics point of contact person in Damboa for IMC.
- To take overall responsibility for the management, co-ordination & implementation of logistics tasks in Damboa field office. This includes procurement, warehouse & stock management, vehicle/fleet management, Damboa office asset management .
- Develops solutions to diverse and complex problems within organisational policy with consultation of Supply Chain Coordinator and Damboa office Field Site Manager.
- Interprets and applies operational and specialist information in a variety of formats from a variety of sources.
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within corporate or divisional parameters, with moderate scope.
- Contribute to and influence operational planning.
- Influence managers, staff and volunteers in IMC and develop effective networks with external bodies.
- Ensure compliance with Government, Donor and IMC procedures and ensure risks are kept to a minimum.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at specific sites.
- Managing/ supervising resources within defined boundaries, which include people and assets.
- Providing professional advice to managers on areas of work covered in their remit.
- Support filed team on any IT related issues with remote guidance from IT officer.
- Influences the development of strategy and supports operational implementation.
- Perform any other task assigned by Supply Chain Coordinator in consultation with Field Office Manager.
- Manage procurement activities in Damboa field office following IMC procurement principles and practices and update the progress of PR weekly basis in the PTS platform.
- Share the progress of procurement with respective programme team and ensure engage appropriate technical/ programme person to do the quality checking during receiving the supply.
- Ensure the payment documents for procurement process are submitted to finance on time with necessary attachments and all procurement documents are scanned and achieved in dedicated folder in Sharepoint.
- Keep the Damboa supplier database up to date and proper record of supplier performance.
- Involved in supplier capacity building process instructed by Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Have proper track of each PR assigned by Supply Chain Manager and ensure all issued Work Order/ Purchase Orders quality delivery is done on time.
- Consult with Supply Chain manager for any critical procurement or challenges in procurement process in Damboa level and follow the advice and guideline accordingly.
- Manage warehouse in Damboa and follow IMC standard warehouse management policy.
- Keep the record updated and accurate for any incoming and outgoing stock movement.
- Regularly follow up with respective programme to ensure the items are dispatched following distribution plana and ensure zero expiration of stocks or zero balance of closing stocks by distribution on time.
- Ensure proper management of pharma/medical stocks ensuring cold chain process.
- Do regular consultation with Supply Chain Coordinator and follow instruction accordingly.
- Prepare and share the warehouse report monthly basis to Supply China Manager for further review.
- Ensure the warehouse spot check and physical verification is done in a regular basis.
- Keep the warehouse clean, organized and equipped with necessary safety equipment.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Education and Qualification
- Advanced University Degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Legal or Accounting or other relevant fields, or First University Degree.
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (MCIPS, CILM or equivalent) will be an added advantage
- At least three years’ practical field operations experience in Logistics Management with an international NGO in emergency.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good command of English. Proven ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, both orally and in writing
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently as well work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential
- Proven training and capacity building experience
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Excel and Word) and IT troubleshooting.
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail. Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work and handle pressure & Strong team player.
- Good understanding of working with donor requirements (ECHO, OFDA, etc.) and prior experience in monitoring/managing budgets.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm while dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should address and send their Applications to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Important Information and Notice
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position, applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Nigerian nationals only
Application Deadline 20th March, 2022.