Maintenance Officer at Synapse Services
Jan 20, 2020, 10:48 AM
Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria - Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Officer
Location: Niger State
The Job Holder oversees the following:
- Supervisory Function: Oversee and line manage the following department, Cleaning department, Security department, Kitchen Section, logistic/Driving Department.
- Maintenance: Supervises Generator, Electrical, Plumbing and other related maintenance practices.
- Facility Management: The running of the Cleaning Division, Diesel, Water, and Electricity management, Internet, Stationaries and Kitchen Purchases. Overall management of the Facility Building and its interior.
Core Job Functions
- Manage the cleaning and hygiene of the facility.
- Ensures the generator is filled up regularly and locked up with the measurement taken daily to confirm quantity and next purchase.
- Ensures the generator record book is completed each time diesel is purchased.
- Procure diesel from cost and product effective supplier.
- Ensures the Facility always has water.
- Monitors the consumption rate
- Ensures the Facility always has electricity
- Check on store usage on weekly basis to ensure proper use
- Monitor use of gas cylinders to ensure both cylinders never run out at the same time.
- Purchased food items should be monitored to ensure effectiveness.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of fuel purchased by drivers.
- Ensure accurate record of mileage, fuelling and servicing are kept by drivers.
- Ensure all the repair works are done by qualified technicians.
- Waste Disposal
- Ensure waste are disposed properly and their bills paid either monthly or annually; to avoid backlog.
- Monitor the use and maintenance of the Generator.
- Ensure record for maintenance are kept
- Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry & other maintenance activities:
- Oversees the interior of the Facility and is charge of all repair and maintenance work required.
- services to be purchased
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management
- Any other duty assigned to the Officer by the Management
- Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing Period.
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Work with the admin department to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill.
- Excellent relationship management.
- Proactive problem-solving approach
- Ability to work under pressure.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Bachelor's Degree in any relevant course
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a maintenance /facility Officer
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages
- Attention to details
- Good negotiation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating the "Maintenance Officer - Niger" as the subject of your mail.
Note: The subject of the email should be “Maintenance Officer- Niger “failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.
Application Deadline 23rd January, 2020.