Maintenance Personnel (Engineer, Painter, Plumber, AC Repairer / Electronics or Furniture) at Precious Palm Royal Hotel
Precious Palm Royal Hotel is a sensational resort strategically located in a serene and cozy and Transport, Headquarters, Lagos – Benin Expressway. Isiohor, Ugbowo environment; and shares a common boundary with the Nigerian Army School of Supply, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Personnel (Engineer, Painter, Plumber, AC Repairer / Electronics or Furniture)
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description / Requirements
- Update the maintenance work order form / Job card and file them.
- Should be able to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Should be able to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- Preform maintenance activities in the guest room like plumbing of toilets, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, and air conditioners
- Program TV's and ensure all stations are functioning
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- Clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- Maintain the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Cover surfaces with appropriate material for protection during painting and posts appropriate paint signs.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Handle properly the work assigned by the departmental head or supervisor.
- Show interest in learning all available new technology and latest products, especially on how to work on them.
- Carry out general painting works as required.
- Follow guest room preventive maintenance checklist to individually complete rooms' preventative maintenance process for guest rooms in efficient and effective manner.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Ability to work with carpentry tools and materials.
- Should be able to lift heavy objects
- Have knowledge of the carpentry as well as repair and maintenance of the property.
- Maintains physical stamina and proper mental attitude to deal effectively with guests, management, and other employees.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines set for each tasks.
- Repair and replace items such as furniture, ceiling panels, or any other miscellaneous tasks such as wooden polishing etc.
- Keep track of repairs made or areas that need more attention.
- Report to management/manager on major repairs and items that can’t be repaired for further action. Work on leaking roofs.
- Should be able to work on laundry machines, washers, dryers, etc.
- Cleaning of generators and its surroundings including the surrounding of maintenance department
- Maintain all equipment in the hotel e.g. laundry, kitchen, bar, restaurant etc.
- Monitor diesel tank for refiling. Also monitor lighting systems in the powerhouse.
- Ensure that machines and equipment are clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintains and repairs all furniture, carpet and wallpaper.
- Makes a written report on defects noted.
- Conducts inventory of working tools and equipment every month.
- Performs repairs for the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems in the hotel facilities.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Communicate with guests or staff to resolve any maintenance issues.
- Knowledgeable in methods to do advance troubleshooting of refrigerant system, control system and skilled in reclaiming refrigerant, insuring proper regulatory paperwork on same.
- Knowledgeable in sheet metal, AC duct fabrication and assembly.
- Coordinates with service representative and others as necessary to accomplish installations or repairs.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment when required.
- When required perform basic repairs and troubleshooting like plumbing, electrical components, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and bulbs, and other guest room items.
- Perform preventive maintenance for all ACs and refrigerators.
- Communicate each day's activities and problems that occur to the other shifts and also for the manager/ supervisor
- Carry out general repairs to brick or block walls.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager/Supervisor or Management.
- Candidates should possess an FSLC, HND, OND or BSc qualification.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2021