Manager, AML Compliance at Western Union Company
Western Union Company is a global leader in cross-border, cross-currency money movement. Our omnichannel platform connects the digital and physical worlds and makes it possible for consumers and businesses to send and receive money and make payments with speed, ease, and reliability. With our global reach, Western Union moves money for better, connecting family, friends and businesses to enable financial inclusion and support economic growth. We make financial services accessible to people everywhere. We build and offer easy-to-use products and services that bridge digital and physical to give customers choice, security, and reliability, no matter where they are.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, AML Compliance
Job ID: JR0116854
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- As an AML Compliance Manager, will be responsible for supporting Western Union (WU), its affiliates, agents and sub-agents' efforts in complying with anti-money laundering laws as they apply to Money Services Businesses.
- This position is based in Lagos, Nigeria, reporting to the Western Union Group Leader of AML Compliance of Africa who is based in Casablanca, Morocco.
- Contributes to the development and the implementation of, and work towards the enforcement of policies, procedures and programs designed to minimize potential money laundering risk and fraud for WU and its agents, within the established strategies of the Compliance Department.
- Manages components for anti-money laundering requirements for assigned functions.
- Coordinates activities with other Department managers and management outside the Department as appropriate.
- Provide training, job performance counseling and resource support to staff.
- Evaluate agents (Western Union service provision partners) anti-money laundering compliance programs through compliance reviews, training sessions and resulting follow-up.
- Proactively build a risk-based approach for Western Union and its agents.
- Work as a channel for communication with regulatory bodies such as Central Banks and FIUs
- Under general supervision of Sr. Management. Supports management of a sub-functional unit or distinct activity (Sub-region) within the AML Compliance Program Development group in the AML Compliance Department.
- Has decision making ability for moderately complex issues.
- Assist the management in the development of overall goals and initiatives.
- Master's Degree or equivalent.
- At least 5 years proven experience in a similar job, bank, Audit, Organization or Risk Management
- Rigor, sense of method
- Ease and speed of adaptation
- Capacity to communicate, listen and express oneself
- Communication, Innovation, Autonomy, Relationship management and problem-solving skills
- A sound understanding of the compliance legislations implications on business.
- The ability to travel up to 30% of the time (as a maximum).
- High language skills in English and French are required.
- Very strong presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt into a Multicultural and Multinational environment
- Open-minded and pragmatic
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply