Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Manager, Transmission Core and Backhaul Job at MTN Nigeria, 28th June, 2019
Manager, Transmission Core and Backhaul Job at MTN Nigeria, 28th June, 2019
Jun 28, 2019, 7:11 PM
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Manager, Transmission Core and Backhaul Location: Lagos Job Description
- Partner MTNN leadership to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact of non-compliance company results and reputation.
- Identify and eliminate bottleneck in projects
- Manage change process and communicate progress of the projects to relevant project stakeholder
- Maintain effective working relationship with internal and external suppliers
- Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule and provide project support for all projects
- Evaluate project requirements and coordinate resources according to project plan
- Track and document project changes .
- Ensure TX Backhaul is delivered for services planned for the month
- Oversee and coordinate all technical activities of all OEMs and ensure all transaction and administrative documentation is recorded and available for business use
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Coach and train team members to ensure understanding of the objectives and gaols of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review teams training needs
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules
- Manage the implementation of all projects to support transmission on network core and backhaul capacity
- Support the shareholder returns strategy by developing and implementing Network Group Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card.
- Minimise divisional OPEX, achieve savings on budget without compromising value or quality
- Drive prompt capitalization of projects
- Track and monitor project budget and ensure spending remains within limit as well as minimize inventory
- Drive improvement in MTN NPS score consistently
- Drive network expansion initiatives to ensure subscribers’s growth(net additions) and good data throughput
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- First Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from a reputable institution.
- 6-13years work experience comprising
- Experience in Telecoms environment
- Experience in mobile transmission network installation
- At least 2 years in a supervisory/ management position.
- Network Commissioning
- Contract Management and Negotiation
- CNT Training
- Stakeholder Relations Management
- DWDM training
- Service Level Agreement Management
- Telecommunication And Mobile Network Standards And Specifications
- Service Monitoring and Control
- Advanced project management
- Time and self management
- Basic RBS installation and commissioning Courses
- Project management
- Transmission Media Technologies
- Network Operations
- BA, B.Ed, B.Eng, B.Sc or B.Tech.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts