Marine Fleet Manager at Skyshore Group Limited (SGL)
Skyshore Group Limited (SGL) is a conglomerate of companies actively rendering various services in the Oil and Gas sector of the global economy; especially in West Africa rendering services to support Hydrocarbon Drilling, Completion and production at various levels. Incorporated in Nigeria by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) under the "Companies and allied matters decree 1990" as a limited liability "Group of Companies" which serves as a holding name for her member companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Fleet Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Support the Tech/Ops Superintendent in the safe, effective, efficient and economic management of all aspects of vessel operation.
- Analysis and monitoring of operational data to ensure that potential problems are averted.
- To provide guidance to vessels’ Masters, Tech/Ops Superintendent and Management on any special requirements.
- To provide advice to vessels and management on statutory requirements and also maintain a record of all statutory requirements for the vessels.
- Ensuring that vessels’ voyages are performed efficiently and ensuring that operational costs are kept to a minimum.
- Monitoring and tracking of operational costs.
- To monitor and report on the extent of repairs being carried out by the vessel management contractors.
- Ensuring that vessels onshore and office marine related documentation are up-to date.
- To attend meetings within the Maritime Industry to represent the company.
- Perform related duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
- To support the crewing contractor in the crewing of the vessels and ensuring that crew certifications are up-to-date.
- Manage and coordinate crew training and development.
- Support Ship/Shore inter-communication process.
- Coordinate the movement of crew to and from the vessel.
- Ensure delivery of appropriate feedback on task completion, outstanding work, condition of asset and additional work required.
- Conduct, in support of Tech/Ops Superintendent, periodic inspection of marine assets.
Stores and Vendors Management:
- Handling the paper work for all defects reported and deck & engine requisitions from the vessels and ensuring that same are passed on to the Procurement Department for treatment.
- Ensure that items supplied by vendors are in line with the various vessels’ requests.
- Submission of vendor invoices with accompanying documentation to the Procurement
- Department for payment.
- Overseeing the issuing of vessel spare parts, PPEs and deck & engine requisitions to vessel
- Captains/Chief Engineers and crew respectively.
- Coordinate the movement and delivery of spare parts and requisitions to the vessels.
- Coordinate the transportation of vendors to and from the vessels at whatever location or field that they are.
Stakeholders’ Management/Other Roles played:
- Management of the company’s relationships with the major maritime and security stakeholders like the Nigerian Navy, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC); Department of State
- Security (DSS); the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA); Nigerian Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA).
- Working with the HSE Coordinator/DPA to ensure that all the trading certificates of the vessels are up-to-date.
- Other roles as assigned by the Tech/Ops Superintendent, and the Managing Director.
- Reporting and giving feedback to the CEO on all Marine and Logistics matters.
- Liaising with the representatives of the host communities.
- Preparation of contract tenders, bids and expressions of interest (EOI) for all marine related tenders.
- Working in concert with the HSE Coordinator/DPA to ensure that the company meets the HSE and QA/QC requirements of our clients.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: Fortvivit@yahoo.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates should be either retired Captains or retired Chief Engineers
Application Deadline 30th September, 2021.