Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Oil and Gas > Marine Operations Superintendent In a Reputable Oil & Gas / Marine Firm
Marine Operations Superintendent In a Reputable Oil & Gas / Marine Firm
Feb 14, 2020, 1:57 PM
Willers Solutions Limited - Our client, a reputable Oil & Gas / Marine firm is looking to fill the role below:
Job Title: Marine Operations Superintendent Location: Lagos
- Ensure ISM, ISPS and ISO compliances, with properly organized audit plans and efficient preparation, to minimize NCN and OBS.
- Maintaining Safety Management System (SMS) updates with consistent improvement to produce quality, accuracy, adequate and efficient procedures. Provide and develop constructive new ideas.
- Assist in the identification of safety risk assessment and environmental aspects / impacts for vessel operations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legal and other requirements by all vessels and raise corrective action when necessary.
- Briefing of Shipboard Senior Officers prior to joining vessels with regards to Safety Management Systems, company policies, vessel operations and specific charterers’ requirements.
- Maintain, control and monitor port and charterer requirements, in conjunction with the technical superintendent.
- Incident investigator, if so appointed, in the Incident Investigation Team.
- A member of the shore Emergency Response Team for the vessels they are in charge of.
- Attend Charterers meetings and workshops.
- Carry out the Internal Audits as per HSE plan and assigned by the HSQE Manager.
- Monitor day-to-day ship’s operation for smooth activities at sea and port without delays and accident.
- Ensure certification of vessel are valid and to avoid failure due non compliance
- To ensure vessels are meeting reporting requirements and proper documentation as per ISM, ISPS, OSHAS 18000 & ISO 14001. These require constant monitoring of Drill, ACT and Safety Meeting reports.
- To achieve client’s satisfaction with no delays.
- Provide ship with navigational data to prevent navigational hazard.
- Ensure all weekly, cumulative and annual corrections for navigational charts and publications are provided onboard in timely manner.
- Good understanding, knowledge and experience of ISM, ISPS, SOLAS, MARPOL, Marine Operations, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001.
- Certificate of Competency MASTER CLASS 1 UNLIMITED
- Minimum of B.Sc degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Min of 3 years offshore experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Marine Operations Superintendent" as the subject of the email. Application Deadline 21st February, 2020. Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts