Marine Superintendent at Criterion Nigeria Limited
Criterion is an indigenous Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) company active in dredging, procurement, infrastructure and solid minerals prospecting in Nigeria. We are also active in maritime business, providing security to safeguard against unlawful interference with maritime, offshore facility or ship operations. Criterion has been delivering performance excellence to government and private sector clients in Nigeria for over a decade.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Superintendent
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Marine Superintendent who will work in the marine security company to ensure the timely delivery of tasks by coordinating logistics and liaising with the suppliers, client, vessels and the office.
- Monitors and maintain fleet marine operations status, management and hire of vessel crew
- Conducts Inspections onboard fleet and train crews (including masters) on good seamanship practices
- Monitor vessel condition and ship’s staff compliance with management policies, International, State, or Local Maritime regulations.
- Make suggestions for improvements and cost saving within areas of involvement, and coordinate logistics and liaise with the office, clients, suppliers and vessels
- Inspects maintenance and repair work to insure procedures and materials comply with specifications
- Maintains appropriate records and prepares various operating reports.
- Perform Accident/Incident investigations, propose corrective/preventive actions and present findings
- Assist in operational readiness of 3rd party chartered vessel (mobilization and demobilization)
- Attend to suitability surveys prior hire of vessels and rectifications of punch-list items in time
- Advise the Senior Management on Maritime rules and regulations and assist with operational duties as may require from time to time
- Degree (Second Class Upper minimum) or HND (Upper Credit) Mechanical / Marine Engineering discipline or other related discipline. OOW Unlimited Engineer COC (NIMASA) qualification would be an added advantage.
- Must be a strong and clear communicator, both verbally and in written format.
- Must have experience with sea going work environment and temporary work environment.
- Must have the ability to negotiate and make both executive and Technical decisions.
- Extensive commitment and understanding of all matters relating to Health & Safety and the environment
- Demonstrated experience in directing and managing your own labour force to achieve the desired outcome, keeping in mind commercial constraints
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in similar role in the Nigerian offshore Oil and Gas Industry.
- STCW Basic Certification – Fire Fighting, Personal Survival, First Aid, Proficiency in Security Awareness, Personal safety and social Responsibility.
- ISM / ISPS Code Requirements experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 10th August, 2022.