Medical Doctor at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Gwoza, Gwoza LGA - Borno
Report to: Medical Activity Manager
Report to (functional): Medical Activity Manager
Working Hours 48 Hours Per Week
Contract Duration: 5 Months
Expected Start Date: 01st July 2021
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiary’s health conditions.
- Ensure ongoing trainings of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize quality of care.
- Certify that all MSF medical protocols are always followed and implemented
- Ensure professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures; supervising staff performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills in diagnosis and prevention of diseases.
- Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing necessary treatment to patients while adhering to MSF protocols.
- Keep patients informed about their illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations,
- Check and control the distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility
- Ensure that medical equipment’s are properly disinfected and sterilized of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Education Essential: Medical Doctor, MBBS or equivalent, from an accredited institution/Medical College.
- Essential: Diploma in Tropical Medicine
- Experience 2 years’ Experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Languages Essential: English. Desirable: Hausa
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3.
As per the MSF Salary Scale (National Contract).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th June, 2021.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- MSF encourages women and people with disability status to apply.