Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > New Vacancies in an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization in Nigeria
New Vacancies in an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization in Nigeria
Jul 3, 2020, 8:18 PM
We an indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Services Assistant Job Code: CSU090 Location: Gombe
Specific Objectives With technical oversight from the central office technical staff and collaboration with State Program Management, the Pharmaceutical Services Associate shall provide support and share responsibility in the following:
- Assist in managing the pharmaceutical care aspects of the HIV care and treatment program
- Assist to develop work plans and activities in concordance with the Government of Nigeria’s stipulated guidelines/standards at all healthcare facilities supported by the organization
- Tracking, monitoring and inventory analysis of all pharmacy stock employing the use of monitoring tools, spreadsheets and data bases.
- Assist in periodic training of pharmacy, medical, nursing and counseling staff at sites supported by the HIV care and treatment program.
- Prepare and submit periodic progress reports pharmaceutical and logistics services from the sites supported to implement the HIV care and treatment program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or other relevant field with prior experience in pharmaceutical services delivery and supply chain management.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical service delivery, Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Proficiency in the use of electronic Logistic Management Information System e.g. NAVISION.
- Proficiency in MS Access, SPSS, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point and other Office packages
Job Title: Senior Clinical Services Associate - ART Job Code: CSU070 Location: Gombe
- S/he will be responsible for coordinating and managing the technical services essential to the functioning and effective implementation of the HIV Treatment program.
- Provide technical support to supported facilities in establishing protocols for HIV/AIDS treatment and related services that are consistent with national guidelines.
- Builds capacity of facility personnel to better implement their role in the technical planning, management and evaluation of clinical issues related to HIV/AIDS Treatment programs.
- Serves as a resource to the organization in the evaluation of ongoing programs and in subsequent development of new and/or expanded programs for the treatment of HIV/AIDS and other health interventions.
- Review existing models of care to be applied to improving patient care, patient flow, medical records, etc. Initiate, mentor and enhance care and treatment services at sites.
- Provides direct technical assistance to supported health care facilities; such assistance might include training of staff, information system development/improvement, facilitation of community linkages, patient flow analysis, improvement of adherence support systems, development or improvement of referral systems
- Provide on-going mentoring and supervision to clinicians; serve as a resource for service delivery evaluation.
- Develop and refine program materials such as clinical guidelines, protocols, algorithms, drug formularies and training materials.
- Provide direct supervision to service delivery specialists including HIV/AIDS facility care and treatment teams, ART clinicians in supported facilities.
- Degree in Medicine; a master’s degree or equivalent in public health or related fields residency in internal medicine will be added advantage
- At least 4 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of principal donors, including USAID, EC, DFID, CDC/PEPFAR, and others
- Extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of HIV/AIDS patients
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit sector in a program management role
- Strong supervisory and management skills
Job Title: Clinical Services Officer (Treatment Support) Job Code: CSU005 Location: Abuja
- The Clinical Services Officer (Treatment Support) will support the delivery of clinical aspects of the HIV care and treatment package across the program cascade.
- S/he will oversee the implementation of the organizations integrated community and facility-based care and support activities across supported States.
- She/he will contribute to generate and support the implementation of effective, tested and innovative approaches across different thematic areas including ART, Pregnant and Breastfeeding Mothers, TB/HIV, Pediatrics and Adolescents and Key Population in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria. With technical oversight from the Head of Unit s/he will be responsible for the following:
- Support achievement of >95% retention of clients through the implementation of early treatment support package inclusive of treatment literacy
- Strengthen and improve established appointment and defaulter identification systems
- Develop and implement strategies that ensure effective tracking and tracing of defaulters
- Ensure prompt and relevant updates and deployment of treatment support related SOPs, algorithms and flow charts
- Ensure empowerment of clients through patient treatment literacy including viral load literacy and other activities to ensure client retention, client ownership of disease management and virologic suppression
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Social Sciences or a related field;
- Minimum of five years experience in health program management in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on international health issues including HIV, with at least five years experience working on HIV/AIDS counseling and testing programs in international or resource poor settings.
- Experience in coordinating HIV/AIDS program implementation;
- Strong supervisory and management skills;
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent team player with good inter personal skills
Job Title: Clinical Services Officer - PMTCT Job Code: CSU060 Location: Abuja
- The incumbent will be part of the PMTCT team providing comprehensive PMTCT services to pregnant and post-partum HIV positive women and their babies.
- Provide technical support to supported facilities in establishing protocols for PMTCT program implementation and allied health services that are consistent with national guidelines.
- Contribute to strengthen the leadership and the capacity of the supported facilities in the coordination with all stakeholders to ensure access to quality medical care and PMTCT treatment for HIV mothers and infants.
- Support the integration of PMTCT services into existing Maternal, neonatal and reproductive health services and strengthen the clinical components of Tuberculosis, Malaria and other diseases for maternal and child care.
- Degree in Nursing / Midwifery, internal Medicine, obstetrics or Public health equivalent or related fields.
- At least 4 years’ post-NYSC extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of HIV/AIDS patients.
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of principal donors, including USAID, EC, DFID, CDC/PEPFAR.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should submit the Application Documents below in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com Application DocumentsApplication Deadline 9th July, 2020.
- Current CV
- Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location.
- The subject of the email should be the Job Title, Location And Applicant Full Name; e.g. COM01 Abuja, Esther ISA
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts