Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) recruitment for a Human Resources & Admin Technical Assistant
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources & Admin Technical Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4257413339
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Reports To: The Field Office Coordinator
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of Full Time: 100
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- NRC is looking for a Human Resources & Admin Technical Assistant for our field office in Dikwa in Northern Nigeria
- The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities in Dikwa, Borno State
- Ensure proper and systematic filing of all personnel files
- Support recruitment process by collecting applications, long listing, schedules examination, administering tests, and conducting interviews
- Preparation of contracts for both casual workers and full time workers
- Issuance of stock request to relevant department and updating and sharing the stock report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that office and guest house supplies are requested for and timely distributed
- Preparing and circulating the Minutes from the all staff meetings
- Supervising of the cleaner/cook
- coordinating appointments and background/reference checks, and communicating benefit information
- Maintaining a database of field office recruitment
- induction of new staff, and schedule briefing with relevant departments and assist in email address requests for new staff
- Any other task assigned by Line Manager.
- Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Management Science or any other related course
- Previous (1 year) experience working in a human resource department (preferably NGO)
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- High level competence in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications).
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
We Can Offer
- Commencement: July, 2020
- Duration: 6 months (Renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Dikwa, with frequent travels. Travel outside Dikwa is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
- This position is for Nigeria Nationals Only
8th July, 2020.