Nurse Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse Supervisor
- Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- MSF has been active in Katsina since February 2021 after carrying an exploratory mission that end up with an opening of the project under the Emergency-Cell.
- Currently, MSF is running 1 ITFC (Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre) in Katsina in the Kofar Sauri PHCC and 5 ATFC (Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Centre) including 4 in Jibia LGA (Magama, Daddara, Gubi Magaria and Riko) and 1 in Katsina (Kofar Marusa).
- There is ongoing plan to implement additional ATFC in Mashi and Mani LGA.
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse or anaesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
- Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.)in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Education: Recognized Nurse Degree / Diploma
- Bachelor’s in Science of Nursing Desirable
- Valid NCN Registration and practicing Licence
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience as Nurse Supervisor and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
- Fluency in English (Read, Speak and Write), Hausa and Fulfulde (fluently speaking) required.
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2.
- 208 working hours per month with flexibility required.
According to MSF France salary grid.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation
Application Deadline 5pm, 22nd November, 2021.