Nutrition Program Assistant at the International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Program Assistant
Location: Damboa, Borno
- The selected candidate (s) will be responsible for the overall implementation of the nutrition BSFP program and IYCF components in collaboration with other CMAM nutrition partners and integration with other programs/ sectors.
- S/He will facilitate good practice and ensure compliance to applicable implementation of national CMAM guidelines.
- Plan and organize nutrition activities at designated BSFP sites in liaison with the nutrition officer and other program staff.
- Through liaison with the community volunteers provide effective follow up of all beneficiaries: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the program, sick children and children with social problems... etc.
- Provide key WASH, health and nutrition education messages to beneficiaries based on the protocols and guidelines including messages on food ratio, distribution days, beneficiary rights etc during sensitization sessions.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the BSFP sites.
- Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries and community leaders properly.
- Represent the organization at LGA or camp coordination meetings involving nutrition actors.
- Supporting targeting of beneficiaries; formation and establishment of Mother Care groups; selection of community volunteers and members of community structures.
- Work closely with care group promoters and lead mothers to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community to BSFP sites.
- Take lead on the BSFP services at the distribution sites including verification, validation and registration of beneficiaries.
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children and women are screened correctly.
- Ensure all eligibility criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the BSFP.
- Encourage caregivers to access health facilities and have all children in BSFP are immunized according to the national protocols.
- Ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the BSFP registers.
- Generate daily distribution reports including the screening and stock reports against distribution lists.
- Ensure adequate availability of all food commodities and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics and warehouse staff.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in health related course from a recognized accredited higher institution.
- Over two (2) years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF programs
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption letter
- Valid and current practicing license.
- Excellent report-writing skills is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to "The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps" via: [email protected]ps.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 1st February, 2022.
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.
- Position: Nigerian nationals only
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position* a*pplications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.