One Acre Fund recruitment for a Customer Engagement Officer
Sep 30, 2020, 9:12 PM
One Acre Fund - Founded in 2006, supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms largely more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Customer Engagement Officer
Location: Minna, Niger
Preferred Start Date: November 2020
About the Role
- As a Customer Engagement Officer, you'll be the voice of One Acre Fund. You'll take care of incoming customer calls and also conduct outbound surveys. You'll report to the Systems Associate.
- Receive and respond to client phone calls and log calls in the Customer Engagement Tracker (perform ticketing when electronic workflow management systems will be implemented).
- Work with external departments to find solutions on claims/requests in case you don’t have an immediate response
Outbound Calls / Surveys:
- Make out-going calls and conduct surveys as requested by Global, Business Operations and other departments.
Short Message Service (Text Messages) Blasts:
- Review / QC Short Message Service blast (text messages) request received through the google form.
- Prepare and implement Short Message Service (text messages) blasts when needed.
Data Analysis And Reporting:
- Write Hotline reports as updates for stake-holders
- Occasionally be called upon to do some light analysis of the data coming into the hotline so that the program can use this information.
- Investigate all cases of farmer complaints through phone calls to One Acre Fund
- Prioritize weekly cases to follow up and prepare a travel schedule
- Investigate and acquire relevant documentation including budgets and records for farmer refund payments, inputs delivery documents to detect any anomalies and errors and launch investigations
Field Visit Activities:
- Schedule visits to investigate cases with Field Managers, Field officers and Group Leaders when needed
- Meet with impacted and affected parties and obtain written statements and evidence such as default acknowledgement forms and reports from relevant parties
- Arrange any follow-up appointments to help with the investigation
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients phoning the Hotline
- Convey information in clear terms to callers any changes in product and procedures
Please Note: this is subject to addition or subtraction of responsibilities at the organization’s discretion.
We are looking for a professional with a background in finance or a related field, and a long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years work experience
- Relevant work experiences including Business, Banking or an International Non-Governmental Organization
- Proficient computer skills and proficiency in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office and Google Suite for data analysis, presentation and report writing
- Handle difficult situations and complaining / demanding clients on the phone
- Have integrity
- Language: English and Hausa preferred
- Language: Fluent in English and Hausa (mandatory) and understands the local communities and cultures
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Knowledge about One Acre Fund products and services
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- Paid time off, paternity / maternity leave
Sponsor International Candidates:
- No; Must have existing rights to work in Nigeria.
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace
Application Deadline 30th October, 2020.