Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Oil and Gas > Ongoing recruitment at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
Ongoing recruitment at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
Jul 23, 2020, 7:10 AM
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the below positions:
Job Title: Technical Services Manager Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria Job Category: Oil & Gas Job Type: Contract Job Shift: Day Duration: 4 Weeks Career Level: Executive (Department Head, SVP, VP etc)
- Oversees all the discipline Engineering & Technical Services work supporting the FPSO.
- Assess the Process and ensure it is adequate for the Products it is producing (crude oil, produced water, gas) and that the appropriate chemicals are available for Production.
- Set up and implement a plan for managing plant changes and/or modifications as required, to achieve production objectives including safety and asset integrity.
- Set up the overall Maintenance strategies and programs for the FPSO and ensure that the structure and adequate resources (personnel, materials, vendors) are in place.
- Support the OIM in managing immediate actions for Short Term Maintenance and resolving current Issues on the FPSO.
- Regular evaluation of progress, resolving problems in the early stages, adjusting the plan as needed, and communicating changes and progress OIM and NJP management.
- Identification of new ideas or methods to improve the job or complete assigned tasks.
- Makes recommendations for enhanced performance and continued performance improvement.
- Engage in the recruitment of all Technical persons supporting the FPSO
- Ensures that adequate maintenance records for all FPSO Equipment is maintained.
- Ensure that the Spare Parts Inventory is constantly reviewed and that appropriate Max/Min and EBQ standards are in place.
- Monitors the quantity and usage of consumables, materials Avoid material and equipment glut on site and equipment on Site.
- Responsible for ensuring Production requirements and safe operating practices comply with the Facility management system while meeting all environmental and legislative requirements.
- Minimum BSc. degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, i.e., Mechanical or Process/Chemical Engineering
- Post Graduate education could be advantageous. Member of a Recognised Professional Engineering body
- Minimum 25 years’ experience in the O&G Industry with at least 10 years in a senior or similar asset management role for a production/processing facility.
- Good relationship management skills
- Team Building
- Planning and Control skills
Job Title: HSE Lead Location: Lagos Island, Lagos Job Category: Oil & Gas Job Type: Contract Job Shift: Day Duration: 4 weeks
- Regularly reviews the reports of QHSE yearly plan implementation and QHSE performance to ensure its continuing suitability and effectiveness.
- Represents company management in clients QHSE committee sessions
- Define QHSE performance criteria.
- Regularly organize QHSE management meetings and review seasonal HSE reports.
- Organize and review QHSE annual plan and monitor the implementation process.
- Approve QHSE related criteria, requirements, practice and guidelines.
- Report and provide advice to the management regarding development, operation and maintenance of QHSEMS.
- Implement and control the status of safety functions and ensure that relevant safety requirements are implemented at all levels.
- Planning and conducting HSE inspections and audits, verify that activities of operation, maintenance and modification are carried out according to the HSEMS.
- Evaluate contractors HSE capability assessment.
- Plan and carry out audits on contractors.
- Manage employee’s health at work.
- Affiliate with client’s security arrangement.
- Liaise with government regulatory agencies for QHSE matters.
- Manage and coordinate all HSE personnel
- Lead investigations
- Minimum of a B. Tech, B.Sc or B.Eng in Sciences or Engineering plus NEBOSH Certification or equivalent
- Minimum of 12 years experience (at least 8 years in the oil and gas industry in a hydrocarbon production environment) with at least 5 years in a HSE Lead position.
Job Title: Human Resource Team Lead Location: Lagos Island Job Category: Oil & Gas Job Type: Contract Job Shift: Day Duration: 4 weeks Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Provide day-to-day HR support to O&M Services Director and entire department.
- Work closely with other departments by assisting departmental managers to understand and implement guidelines, policies and procedures
- Recruiting staff which includes creating and developing job descriptions, providing support in preparing advertisements, screening application forms, short-listing the candidates, interviewing, selection, and arrange FTW.
- Mobilization and demobilisation of staff for jobs/projects as needed and tracking of employee status on projects.
- Advising on pay, including supporting finance department on Monthly timesheet, employee benefits and promotion and other issues on remuneration.
- Administering payroll system and maintaining staff related records. Ensuring that department managers receive an accurate and timely assistance in response to particular queries related to HR policies or other aspects of employment legislation.
- Notifying employees on employment.
- Developing HR strategic plans in terms of skill and number levels in considerations with long-term and immediate staff requirements.
- Implement and administer disciplinary
- Scheduling of induction for new hires.
- Advising management on career development, work matters, industrial matters, and personnel problems.
- Preparing advertisement and notices for vacant positions in the organization.
- Compiling Weekly or Monthly reports for HR department, when required.
- Taking minutes of meetings, when required.
- To identify training requirements with O&M Services Director
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans, employee development programs and training programs.
- Manage HMO of National employees
- Manage medical scheme requirements of non-indigenes
- Manage personnel occupational health-related issues in collaboration with the O&M Services Director.
- Work and liaise with workers representatives of the union.
- Responsible for Logistics of all FPSO Personnel for weekly rotational shift changes, which includes, travel to and from FPSO Mystras to Home, Airline Travel, Hotel accommodations, security arrangements
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Minimum of B.Sc. in any discipline from a reputable higher institution
- Experience: Minimum Experience of 6 Years.
- Other experience: minimum of 6 years’ experience in administrative support role and core HR.
Job Title: Security Lead Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria Job Category: Oil & Gas Job Type: Contract Job Shift: Day Duration: 4 Weeks
- Ensure adequate Security of lives and assets within the confines of the project.
- Ensures incidents reports are updated consistently
- Report incidents promptly
- Carry put periodic patrols
- Maintains statutory Security responsibilities.
- Other security duties delegated by Project Manager
- Performs Security Awareness training and Audits
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven working experience as an excellent Security advisor
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Job Title: Finance Manager Location: Lagos Island, Lagos Job Category: Oil & Gas Job Type: Contract Job Shift: Day Duration: 4 weeks
- Collating Data, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- Producing long-term business plan
- Undertaking research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance
- Manage income, cash flow and expenditure Developing and managing financial systems/models
- Carrying out business modelling and risk assessments
- Supervising staff
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues
- Providing and interpreting financial information Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends Formulating strategic and long-term business plans;
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance Developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk, while maximizing financial opportunities.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- Managing NJP’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. Auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue;
- Producing accurate and timely financial reports to specific deadlines;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Manage the payroll function both outsourced and internal Produce invoices, submit to internal clients through procurement and follow through Resolve issues on invoices as quickly as possible, while keeping an eye on the backlog of invoices.
- Handle treasury function on behalf of all parties
- Responsible for financial approval of employee’s monthly payment and other expenditures based on steering committee advice and Auditors approval.
- Responsible for financial Compliance (Internal, Statutory Accounting, Regulatory, Tax, Commercial and Audit).
- Responsible for financial Approval of Insurance, Bonds and Guarantees, if required for vendor-supplied materials and equipment.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, and an MBA or master's degree in finance.
- ICAN certified and other professional qualifications. ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of fifteen (15)years’ experience with at least four(4) years in a similar position; experience with operational accounting is required.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, and an MBA or master’s degree in finance
- Experience: Minimum Experience 15 Year
- Other experience: Minimum of fifteen years’ experience
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Required Travel: Not Required
- Job Status: Sourcing
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria Job Category: Oil & Gas Job Type: Contract Job Shift: Day Duration: 4 Weeks
- Buy goods, products and services for company to use or on behalf of the Client.
- Evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts of purchase, and review product quality.
- Consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing suppliers and merchandise.
- Manage lean, just-in-time inventories.
- Use resources to obtain information about potential suppliers.
- Interview prospective suppliers and visit their plants/production and distribution centres where necessary to assess their capabilities.
- Ensures that the supplier can deliver the desired goods or services on time, in the correct quantities, and without sacrificing quality.
- Sign contracts with suppliers who meet the organization’s needs, and place orders.
- Analyse price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of their organization
- Attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences to learn about new industry trends and make contacts with suppliers
- Meet with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that vendors and supplies comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine the need for changes
- Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Work out agreements with suppliers, such as when products will be delivered
- Minimum B.Sc. or equivalent in any discipline, preferably engineering.
- Certifications in Procurement, CIPS or other relevant professional bodies.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Age: 25 Years 50 Years
- Gender: Does not matter
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Specific professional knowledge
- Working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be bought.
- Languages: English necessary - Written and Oral proficiency
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts