Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Government > Ongoing recruitment at Kaduna State Community and Social Development Agency
Ongoing recruitment at Kaduna State Community and Social Development Agency
Jan 31, 2020, 7:00 AM
The Kaduna State Community and Social Development Agency invites applications from qualified candidates from public and private sectors for recruitment into the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer - Gender and Vulnerable Location: Kaduna
- Provide input to the preparation of quarterly annual and requisite reports of the operations department.
- Provide inputs to the costed yearly work programs for the operations department.
- Develop, maintain and disseminate a comprehensive knowledge base on vulnerable group perspectives to promote staff awareness.
- Maintain links with and update knowledge of other relevant agencies’ programs on mainstreaming vulnerable groups into development agendas.
- Design strategies for the encouragement of the government and its agencies to be more supportive towards the cause of the vulnerable.
- Responsible to the Manager, Operations
- Any other duties assigned by the manager, Operations
- Develop an action plan for mainstreaming vulnerable groups and gender sensitive activities in operation of the state Agency.
- Facilitate the preparation processes of CDP formulation at Community level
- Assist Project team to incorporate appropriate vulnerable groups (including gender) issues in to project activities.
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, LGALGRC and Operations Officers in mainstreaming vulnerable and gender issues in development activities.
- Liaise with the Desk Officers in line ministries to identify mechanisms of incorporating vulnerable and gender issues into their programs
- Identify and articulate opportunities for integrating soc i a I safety nets in project activities.
- Prepare a quarterly report highlighting emerging issues from projects activities in mainstreaming vulnerable group/gender issues in development activities;
- At least a first degree in Social Science, Natural Resources Science, Rural Environment Development, Agric Extension with a least 5years post qualification experience, part of which must have been spent in CDD related areas, Computer literacy experience in Gender/Vulnerable Mainstreaming and safety nets will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Dispatch Rider Location: Kaduna
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to him.
- Dispatching mails of the Agency,
- Collection of mails and newspapers,
- A minimum of SSCE / NECO with at least two years of post-qualification experience, computer literate in Microsoft word, excel and power point are added advantage.
Job Title: Driver Location: Kaduna Slot: 6 Openings
- Maintain and carry out some minor repairs of vehicles - while on duty,
- Report as soon as possible any problem developed by the vehicle to the SA.
- To drive assigned vehicle of the Agency,
- Report directly to the Administrative Officer,
- Licensed driver with Trade Test II and must have at least 10 years driving experience.
- Familiarity with difficult terrains of the state will be added advantage.
Job Title: Project Officer and Training Location: Kaduna
- Prepare budget estimates and annual work plan for training, information, education and communication activities of the SA;
- Maintain links with and update knowledge of other agencies, programs on advocacy, sensitization, awareness and communication,
- Be responsible for preparing periodic reports on progress in advocacy, mobilization and awareness, measured against the targets of annual work plans and legal funding requirements (e.g. IDA/donor req u ire ments),
- Responsible for communication materials development,
- Organize learning events for stakeholders,
- Coordinate and facilitate CDD cross-learning events and information sharing amongst stakeholders,
- Monitoring and coordination of information, Education and communication activities,
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Manager, Operations.
- Supervise and carry out promotions and outreach
- programs to create awareness of SA’s Activities.
- Facilitate the carrying out of advocacy for the CSDP at the State level through information, education and communication (TEC) campaigns, Ensure linkage with relevant ministries/agencies on integrating collectives action and mobilization of resource of forsectoral development plans,
- Undertake regular skill gap analysis of project staff, line ministries, LGRC and CPMC members and identify requisite training to address,
- Supervise, in liaison with relevant SA staff and line ministries staff all training delivery to CPMCs and LGRCs,
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community level facilitation and mobilization is added advantage.
- At least a first degree in SociaI Science, Natural Resources, Rural Environmental Development, Agric Extension with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to training and social analysis, especially rural appraisals.
Job Title: Security Man Location: Kaduna Slot: 3 Openings
- To guard the premises of the Agency.
- Must have an experience as a security guard,
- Must be between the ages of 25 to 40 years.
Job Title: Project Officer - Procurement Location: Kaduna
- Prepare and submit procurement status reports on a quarterly basis as a part of financial monitoring reports,
- Prepare evaluation reports for all evaluation of goods and services,
- Maintain comprehensive procurement unit cost database to be used in preparing a project cost document and provide up to date information of all procurement at the SA,
- Ensure that procurement plans are implemented as scheduled,
- Provides training to communities on community contracting.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager.
- Be responsible for procurement at the SA including procurement planning, design, implementation, management and training
- Be responsible for the preparation of bid documents (inclusive technical specifications) for the acquisition of goods/services,
- Serve as secretary to all evaluation and selection of consultants and suppliers within agreed processes,
- Effectively manage all contracts and ensure that deliveries (quality/quantity/time) are in line with the contract provisions
- Ensure appropriate sanctions are applied on defaulting Provide training on procurement and community contracting to Operations Officers
- Provides assistance to financial Officers contractual disbursement.
- Ensure that CPMCs adhere to procurement procedures and guidelines,
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community contracting is an added advantage.
- At least a first degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply or related field with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to procurement in a foreign funded agency or State Government due process office.
Job Title: Project Officer - Monitoring & Evaluation Location: Kaduna
- Provides an improved foundation for planning effective resources use,
- Identify unacceptably high cost interventions and operations,
- Provide records of events,
- Provide information base for future evaluations, maintain quality standards,
- Any other duties as may be assigned by M&E Manager.
- Responsible for data collection, collation and analysis for field level activities,
- Provides implementation assistance to M&E Manager,
- Compilation of monthly quarterly and annual reports,
- Monitor progress towards attainment of targets and to adopt target of realities,
- At least a first degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Natural Sciences, Rural Development and related fields with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to monitoring and evaluation of community-based initiatives.
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community driven development COD is an added advantage.
Job Title: Project Officer - MIS Location: Kaduna
- Any other duty as may have been assigned by the M&E Manager
- Design and prepare CSDP Management Information System Operational manual
- Assess the information needs for the various component of the SA,.
- Review alongside other project staff the data collection forms at the different stages of the micro-projects cycle,
- Prepare technical specification for the procurement of necessary MIS hardware and software applications,
- Monitor the operation of the MIS,
- Upgrade the hardware and software,
- Ensure MIS hard and software maintenance,
- Establish the working schedule and the MIS design,
- Develop reports or formats using existing MIS data,
- Develop and prepare the required documents using a friendly report generator,
- Software applications knowledge and experience with development tools, client side rapid applications development and experience using friendly report generator would be an advantage.
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering and other related fields. Five years post-qualification experience, two of which must have been in the design, development and implementation of Databases and client-Server.
Job Title: Secretary to the General Manager Location: Kaduna
- Assist the General Manager in convening Board Meetings.
- Support the General Manage as a Personal Assistant / Confidential Secretary
- Provide secretarial assistance e g prepare all letters, memoranda and any requisite document for the GM,.
- Organize itineraries, meetings, and related schedules,
- Maintaining adequate filing system for all mails and correspondence of the GM,
- A university degree or HND in Secretarial Studies / Social Science or Computer Studies with at least seven years post qualification experience, two of which must be cognate.
- The candidate must have good knowledge of computer and versatile in Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Job Title: Operation Officer Location: Kaduna Slot: 6 Openings
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs to ensure quality assurance,
- Ensure replenishment of accounts by the CPMCs.
- Collect, collate and forward to the M&E Department, information data on micro-project activities in communities,
- Submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule, through the Manager Operations,
- Set monthly and quarterly performance targets based on the work plan,
- Submit regular reports to the project officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time,
- Responsible to the Project Officer Supervision.
- Sensitize and mobilize communities on CSDP Project objectives and objectives as well as issues related to HIV / AIDS.
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable,
- Facilitate communities in the information of CDP in line with (b) above,
- Build capacity of the CMPCs and LGRC Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite a r e a s e.g. Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRA5) record a n d book-keeping. Project management mainstreaming gender, environmental and natural resources issues etc, as identified by the Project Officer-IEC and Training,
- A first degree or HND in Engineering, and Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration Accountancy or related field, with at least 1 year of post qualification experience in any area Computer Literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on week-end and applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at time of recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the civil cervice
Job Title: Cleaner / Cleaning Outfit Location: Kaduna
- Candidates should possess relevant qualification.
Job Title: General Manager Location: Kaduna
- The project development objective is to increase access for poor people to social and natural resources infrastructure service in a sustainable manner. This will be achieved through the provision of grant support to beneficiary communities based on their identified, prioritized micro-projects in the Community Development Plans (COPs) which are to be implemented, maintained and utilized by them using Community Driven Development (COD) approach.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has applied for credit from the International Development Association (IDA) / World Bank towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP).
- Authorize expenditure in accordance with the annual budget and work program of the SA as approved by BOD
- Represent the SA in all its dealings with third parties at the level of the management
- Conduct dialogue with donors and those capable of providing complimentary technical and administrative skills and financial resources
- Delegate his authority to the staff of the Agency to the extent necessary for the efficient performance of the activities of CDP
- Perform such other duties as may be required for the effective functioning of the SA
- Ensure regular reporting and adherence to the SA reporting relationship with the Project Financial Management Unit (PFMU) of the State.
- Exercise the powers and functions of the State Agency
- Be in-charge of the general administration of the CSDP
- Manage SA personnel
- Be the accounting officer of the SA
- Gives approval for proposal of COPs recommended by the SA management committee
- A University degree in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and/or any other relevant degree with at least fifteen years post.
Job Title: Operation Manager Location: Kaduna
Responsibilities The Operation manager shall be in-charge of:
- Ensuring the maintenance of record on all CDPs and Micro projects on a continuous basis and passing on such information to the M&E department,
- Ensure that requisite assistant is rendered to committees as required.
- Liaising with relevant MDAs to provide technical and back-up support to committees.
- Consolidates annual work plans and budget of the department.
- Provide quarterly and annual projects for CDP and Micro project implementation.
- Supervising and coordinating the overall activities of the operations department.
- Supervising the process of applications seeking SA founding and technical/management support.
- Ensuring conduct of desk and field appraisals and forward report to the Project Manager Committee for review based on set criteria,
- Provide overall supervision of formulation and implementation processes of CDPs and Micro-project by CPMCs,
- A university degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Extension Services, Social Sciences, Project Management and any other relevant degree, with at least twelve years post qualifications experience. Previous experience in rural development projects or extension services shall be considered as additional advantage.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager Location: Kaduna
Responsibilities The Finance and the Administration Manager shall be charge with the responsibility for:
- Processing and Managing all fund disbursement as well as ensuring proper documentation to facilitate the release of funds from funding agencies to committees:
- Liaising with Banks, Tax Authorities and other regulatory agencies on behalf of the SA.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly report on financial progress of Micro projects and CDPs.
- Preparing quarterly Financial Management Report (FMRs)
- Assisting the GM in the day to day running of the SA.
- Reviewing financial transactions of committees inline with General Guidelines issued by the SA, FPSU and Funding Agencies, and making report to the GM, and,
- Offering training and capacity building in the area of financial management, record keeping, and other related matters to the community.
- Ensuring efficient running of the office and the maintenance of all office facilities.
- Processing and paying all bills, Salaries (etc) pertaining to the smooth running of the SA.
- Maintaining Schedules of personnel, welfare and other personal functions.
- Ensuring the proper recording and financial transactions of the agency.
- Generating adequate, reliable and timely financial report for the GM and other department.
- Preparing annual budget and work plan for the SA.
- A University degree or Membership professional association such as ACA, ACCA or their equivalents or higher National Diploma in Accounting or Banking and Finances with at least 12 years Post qualification experience
Job Title: Internal Auditor Location: Kaduna
Responsibilities The internal auditor shall perform internal oversight functions so that all activities involving the commitment of financial resources of the Agency comply with all accounting system and reporting procedures as stipulated in the provision of CSDPs financial management manual. Some specified functions are as follows:
- To undertake value for money audit of all project activities,
- To inspect and monitor all micro-projects in the communities,
- To carry out both compliance audit and non-financial audit,
- Inspection and appraisal of the accounting system in operation at the establishment to ascertain its adequacy and effectiveness,
- Verifying the cash and other assets of the project,
- Examine the reconciliation statement with the carried monthly/weekly Bank statement,
- Ensure that the system of internal check and internal control introduced for the prevention of early detection of fraud and loss cash. Stores and other assets of the project is adequate,
- Ensure that deposit register is maintained as provided in the PFMU.
- Preparation of quarterly internal audit report of the Agency,
- Preparation of all audit program for the year,
- To review and monitor the disbursement of the Agency (SOE),
- To strengthen the internal control system of the project,
- To review all the authorizations approvals, eligibility and documentation of expenditures,
- To review financial transactions of the communities in line with financial procedures manual,
- A university degree or HND in Accounting or Banking and Finance and a membership professional association such as ACA, ACCA, ANAN or other equivalents with at least five (5) years post qualification experience.
Job Title: Assistant Project Accountant Location: Kaduna
- Assisting to prepare monthly/quarterly reports in accordance with accounting reporting requirements
- Managing and controlling inventory and stores of the Agency.
- Assisting in preparing budget and work plan for the SA;
- Assisting to maintain the SA assets database
- A university degree / HND in Accounting, Banking and Finance and/or their equivalents with at least five (5) years post qualification experience,
- Membership of professional Association such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA, ANAN and knowledge of computer-based accounting packages and experience in donor-funded or rural development project audit will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (M & E) Location: Kaduna
Responsibilities The M&E manager shall be charge with the responsibility of:
- Consolidates annual budget and workplan for the department.
- Design field Data collection and Collation format for the SA.
- Develop Terms of Reference and Provide Guidance for all studies.
- Liaising with the operation and finances and administration department to collect and collate date for tracking of key activities of the SA: (Budget Performance, Financial Matters, Costing/Pricing of CSDP activities in the state, operations, etc), and
- Providing Cumulative records, analysis and statistics of activities overtime to guild operations.
- Ensuring the maintenance of record of all types of Data and Information on SA activities.
- Overseeing the Monitoring and Evaluation Department of SA and coordinating the activities of the MIS and M&E units.
- Providing guidelines and guidance for the operations of the MIS and M&E Units.for them to met the expectations of the SAS
- Liaising with the LGRC and other departments of the SA for M&E Purposes and working with the communities to ensure effective participatory monitoring and evaluation of CDPs and Micro project.
- A University Degree in Agriculture, Statistics, Social Sciences, Engineering, Extension Services or Project Management, with at least 12years post qualification experience.
- Knowledge of computer is mandatory. Previous experience in Project Monitoring and Evaluation shall be an added advantage.
Job Title: Administrative Officer Location: Kaduna
- Ensure appropriate record keeping, filing and documentation of all Agency mails and correspondence
- Responsible for maintaining office assets including vehicles plants office premise etc
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the GM or Admin and Finance Manager.
- Secretary to the Management Committee Meetings
- Responsible for Management of personnel matters including appointments, appraisals, discipline, promotion and any other related issues.
- Shall be responsible for supervising clerical staff
- Knowledge of MS Computer packages is essential.
- Experience in personnel, office management is necessary.
- First degree or equivalent in Social Sciences and Humanities with at least five (5) years relevant post qualification experience.
Job Title: Account Clerk Location: Kaduna Slot: 2 Openings
- Issuance of notification of settled advance,
- Distribution of salary cheques to various banks,
- Release of cheques to communities and other beneficiaries,
- Any other duties assign by the assistant project accountant.
- Preparation of payment vouchers,
- Maintenance of payment voucher register,
- Lodging of receipt in Bank,
- Compilation of payment vouchers,
- ND in Accounting, Business Administration or Banking and Finance with at least two years of post-qualification experience.
- He/She must be computer literate in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and other accounting software.
Job Title: Project Officer - Supervision Location: Kaduna
- Provide guidance to Operations Officers designated to undertake supervision.
- Regularly submit monthly supervision reports to the Managers, Operations, M&E
- Provide specific reports on supervision as may be requested by any of the Managers and the General Manager,
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, LGA, LGRC and operations Officers in social infrastructure operations and maintenance
- Liaise with the relevant state agency for certification for all social infrastructure at completion
- Directly responsible to the Operation Manager;
- Any other duty (ies) assigned by the Operations Manager
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the operation officers.
- Regular and Timely liaising with other project officers for deployment of operation officers for field level activities.
- Assist in the provision of technical advise on all engineering works eg Construction/Rehabilitation of Infrastructure/erosion control bands, Agro-Processing Equipment, Fielder road construction etc.
- In close liaison with relevant state ministries, departments, agency (ies), ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with state level technical specification/standard for all social infrastructure,
- Prepare budget and work plan for supervision of CDPs and micro-projects contained therein;
- At least a Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Social and Natural Science, with at least Five years experience in Design and/or Supervision of Social Infrastructure Construction. Computer literacy is essential and experience in implementing community level infrastructure is an added advantage.
Job Title: Office Assistant Location: Kaduna Slot: 2 Openings
- Organizing meeting venues and refreshments
- Receiving and dispatching of mails
- Any other duties assigned by Administrative Officer.
- Provides support to the Administrative Officer in the management of office
- Supervision of support staff including reporting, filing, and defiling of mails
- ND Business Administration or Public Administration with at least two years of post-qualification experience.
- He/She must be Computer literate in Microsoft Excel and power point.
Remuneration The remuneration is attractive and is commensurate with the mode of entry and in accordance with the CSDP Staff regulation and the Conditions of Service.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their Letter of Application, indicating the position sought and supported with CV to: The Head of Service, General Hassan Usman Katsina House, Kawo, Kaduna State. Note: The appointment is for the period of the life of the project with 6 months’ probation period. However civil servants found suitable will be engaged as seconded officers and will continue to enjoy salary from their employers with additional incentives from the project.Application Deadline 13th February, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts
Enter your email below and click subscribe.
OND / HND / BSC Holders World Bank Accounting Engineering Kaduna State Project Management Dispatch Rider Electrical Engineering Architecture Social Science Business Administration Finance Statistics ICAN Microsoft Excel Microsoft Office Agriculture Driver Project Officer Kaduna State Community and Social Development Agency