Packing Plant Technician - Ventomatic at Lafarge Africa Plc
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packing Plant Technician - Ventomatic
Requisition ID: 3175
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Reports To: Packing Coordinator
- Role holder is responsible for coordinating and supervise activities in the Packing Plant for the purpose of loading and dispatching Cement in accordance with loading procedures and according to raised invoices.
- Contribute to the best level of performance of plant’s equipment.
- Implement Lafarge Safety Rules and Regulation in accordance with the Group HSE Standards and Advisories.
- Carry out equipment energy isolation according to LOTOTO procedures
- Liaises with Shift Coordinator and other Supervisors on the status of different Cement stocks and the need to accelerate production to meet targets and demands.
- Ensure safe working condition of plant and personnel with implementation of Lafarge safety rules and regulation in accordance with the Group HSE standards and advisories.
- Monitors the operations and optimizes all aspects of Rotary packer in compliance with the Company Quality Standards and Requirements.
- Supervise the activities of the Contractors and Lafarge Third Party Operators through proper implementation of Lafarge Contractor Safety Management Standards (CSM)
- Monitor Production activities to comply with Group Environmental Standards and maintain good housekeeping at all time
- Supervises and coordinate packing & loading activities in a safe manner- by ensuring proper packing and loading of cement into trucks, bulk tankers and Jumbo bags by following the SOP to ensure that trucks weight is within the tolerance level on shift basis.
- Identify all faults that occur in the cause of operation in their respective shift, reported to services department concern for necessary action, and followed up for quick intervention
- Carry out daily stock count of cement bagged and empty cement bags on shift basis by generating a report for distribution to Production manager, Inventory Manager, Shift Leader, statistics office and other stakeholders for planning.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- OND / HND in Sciences or Engineering or Numerate Sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in a process industry.
- Understand the process involved and effects at each stage in Cement production from the raw material to finished production.
- High degree of numeric for maintaining Cement packing statistics as well as stocks
- Ability to motivate and maintain
- Good planning skills
- Ability to interpret and understand laboratory Cement analysis.
- Ability to operate equipment in the section
- Compiles all Packing Plant reports and handles consignment forms plus other related documents.
- Tack and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- Ability to motivate subordinates in order to achieve required results while maintaining good supervisor-subordinate relationship
- Easy to adopt to new job demands and environment requirements
- Able to work under pressure where necessary in order to produce required results with maximum efficiency
- Team leadership skill
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Good aptitude for field work
- Good aptitude for organization and communication
- Result oriented with high decision making capacity/ self confidence
- High level of initiative
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply