Packing Technician / Operator at Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group
TGI Distri is a member company of Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group, an international investment and holding company with diversified interests and investments across Africa, The Middle East, Asia and other emerging markets. TGI’s investments focus on driving inclusivity and value addition using locally sourced raw materials, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and a highly skilled workforce to produce world class products that are consumed both locally and exported to global markets. Across markets, TGI Group owns over a hundred leading brands in Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Agricultural Inputs, Industrial Chemicals, Homecare Products and Pharmaceuticals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packing Technician / Operator
Location: Kebbi (Field-based - Plant)
Employment Type: Full Time
Travel: 0% - 10%
Job Grade (Band 1- 6): 2
Reports To: Milling in Charge
Supervises: Assistant Packing Operators
Internally Relates with: Milling, Quality, Logistics, Warehouse, Mechanical Maintenance, Electrical/Automation
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the operaton all equipment in the packing section like FFS machine, automatic weighing-filling-stitching machine, band sealing machine, strapping machine, metal detectors and associated conveying equipment.
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust processes or packaging equipment to maximise quality and efficiency.
- Record and document data on packing machines. Make Packaging report as per required format.
- Respond in an appropriate manner to any issues related to packing section to Milling in-charge; instrumentation in-charge or Quality in-charge.
- Isolate any product which will not meet quality standards or may cause a food safety hazard i.e. broken glass, metal, equipment failure, biological hazard.
- Follow and adhere to all GMPs, keep work area clean at all times, ensure tools are cleaned and kept at their appropriate locations after use
- Repair or help repair any damage to equipment. Report any repairs to the Maintenance supervisor and section In-charge.
- Ensure timely calibration of the packing machines
- Ensure stocking and sorting of packaging materials near the packing area to bring about minimal wastage of the packaging materials
- Proper setting of the FFS and packing machines to ensure correct weighment, proper sealing and proper master packing. Regulate machine flow, speed and temperature
- Reset machine when any malfunction or machine jams occurs
- Ensure minimal spillage and the spill over rice, if any, be sent back to the milling section for reprocessing.
- Clean, oil and make necessary machine adjustments as and when required.
- 5 -7 years’ experience with the FFS machine with packing ranges from 50grams to 5kg.
- A minimum of National Diploma (ND) in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in food manufacturing
- Ability to take responsibilities for actions of self and others
- Willingness to teach and be taught.
- Proactive approach in problem identification and problem solving.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Good communication skills
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical concepts.
- Trouble shooting of FFS machines, Ink jet printers; sealing machines; strapping machines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th October, 2022.