Partnerships Programme Manager at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Partnerships Programme Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: BHA Project Coordinator
Proposed start date: June 2022
Job Categorty: Programmes - FSL Manager/Supervisor
Level: Mid Level
- Provide technical support for the implementation of FSL and WASH projects in the specified locations in Borno state;
- Ensure program technical implementation is on time, target, and budget, using effective M&E systems to achieve the desired impact;
- Ensure that FSL and WASH program technical implementation is responsive to communities, authorities, and partners and consistent with Action Against Hunger’s relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards, and strategic plan;
- Support the BHA Project Coordinator in program development in line with the country strategy; in identification, and evaluation of opportunities for AAH and develop concept notes, proposals, and related reports;
- Support partners’ team in ensuring processes and activities to ensure quality standards of FSL and WASH are integrated in the project management cycle;
- Support the Evaluation (performance appraisal) of FSL CVA technical staff and ensure that all staff have planned and completed PAs, recommendations for capacity building, and career development milestones;
- Establish and maintain a partnership database that maps out partner capacity, influence, and strategic alignment;
- Responsible for providing technical input into all project-related reports (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual, APRs, and SitReps);
- Contribution to coordination meetings;
- Propose solutions and improvements concerning the project’s progress.
- Lead in compiling monthly technical reports with FSL and WASH BHA partners’ team to provide an overview of activities and contextual updates;
- Represent AAH in donor meetings and project field visits, coordination meetings and technical meetings with partners and other humanitarian sectors;
- Supports the BHA team in developing relationships and partnerships with donors and stakeholders;
- Develops donor and partner communication strategies;
- Support BHA Project Coordinator in leading program integration initiatives for multi-sectoral approach;
- Take part actively in the recruitment and the training of staff, in cooperation with the BHA team
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Animal Husbandry, Agribusiness, Soil Science, Crop Protection and Management, Agronomy, Engineering or a related field, or, a Degree in any other field but with a Masters degree in Food Security & livelihoods related field of study;
- Minimum of five years experience in managing partnership relationships with experience in FSL and WASH activities.
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management);
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- Experience with evaluations and monitoring as well as Program Cycle Management;
- Experience with research and partnership developments with universities;
- Experience with donor communications;
- Good diplomatic and negotiation skills;
- Disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance;
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience in Food Security and Livelihood assessments including cash and market assessments in both development and emergency context;
- Have a clear understanding of cross-cutting issues in the field such as child, disability, gender, and protection;
- Working experience in complex emergencies;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming;
Starting Basic Salary
N718,840 Monthly (excluding other benefits).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2022.