Payments and Receivables Product Lead at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payments and Receivables Product Lead
Job Req ID: 22449804
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Product Management and Development
Job Family: Product Management
Job Family Group: Product Management and Development
- Following the appointment of the incumbent Cash Management Head into a new role, the headcount is being repurposed into a Payment & Receivable (P&R) Product Lead to align with the regional and Cluster structure for optimal effectiveness in the delivery of our Cash management products proposition in Nigeria.
- This role will be responsible for developing and executing P& R strategy in Nigeria with matrix reporting into the P&R Head for Sub Sahara Africa, and reports into TTS Head.
- The position is critical to enlivening and executing the Global PnR transformation strategy, which seeks to build relevant new payments and collections propositions with a digital-first approach, by harnessing the use of various technologies and trends (big data, cloud, mobile, AI, etc) to materially transform the client experience.
- The role requires a good understanding of the Bank’s infrastructure and process flows and the Financial Market infrastructures of Nigeria.
- The role will drive innovation through Partnerships that expedite time to market and increases revenue trajectory from clients. Further, the position takes lead in identifying investment requirements, building business cases and prioritizing investment spending and strategy for incremental and strategic innovation.
- The role also ensures better connectivity with the Cluster and Regional teams by bringing to the Regional team's table important and emerging client, competitive & market developments which present new opportunities for Citi.
- This role translates a good understanding of the key trends in the payments industry and directs competitors' products and services into the identification of growth opportunities for Citi.
- It is a role that requires high levels of strategic communication on progress and priorities, negotiating and influence at senior levels, as well as championing and enthusing the P&R team in ensuring focused execution.
- The role is responsible for end results: - meaning budgeting, planning, prioritizing and execution; it is critical to managing operational risk in partnership with operations and technology, particularly in the areas of regulatory change and attendant risks, and cyber-risk and the impact of these risks on product design and performance.
- The role also provides critical governance oversight and risk management through processes like NPAC, MCA, PAP and Capabilities management, etc.
Othe Details and Functions
- The payment and receivables landscape in Nigeria is fast evolving, driven in many parts by nascent technology, regulation, innovation and entry of dynamic non-bank participants into the marketplace.
- These changes have catalysed the modernization of the Financial Market Infrastructure and the concomitant digitization of traditional payment products.
- It has equally fuelled growth in Alternative Payments including Mobile Payments services and E-Commerce and recently open banking and digital currencies.
- To take advantage of these changes, clients are also aggressively recalibrating their business models and adopting new products and solutions that introduce efficiencies, visibility and control.
- These factors come together to create a dynamic, competitive and challenging marketplace that requires the undiluted focus of a P&R product manager in order for Citi to maintain and grow wallet share and position as a leader in this space.
- This role will report to the TTS Head and will work actively with the SSA P&R Products Manager and partners in the region to provide subject matter expertise support to the cash management product team in the country.
- It is a critical partner to the Corporate & FI sales organization in providing content and expertise in deal structuring/commercialization.
Its functions also include:
- Managing (end-to-end) the bank’s payment products with a view to significantly growing share of wallet of our customers’ cash management business and the corresponding revenues.
- Identifying payment opportunities in the Nigerian market and developing products and processes with a view to significantly encourage the customers to adopt electronic payment methods and digitization initiatives.
- This will enable straight-through processing thereby increasing the capacity of the bank to offer payment services to its customers, reduce operational costs to the bank and increase margins on payment products.
- Develop partnerships with payment service providers to enable Citi indirectly access mass payment flows and opportunities in non-target market segments of the system.
- Identify and aggressively drive growth and penetration of new payment channel opportunities in Nigeria.
- Introduce, deploy and drive the penetration of file services to improve Citi’s payment proposition.
- Leads the overall performance of payments & receivables product suite, and monitors performance drivers for the products and portfolios
- Manages the investment spend strategy and process for incremental and strategic projects
- Shapes and implements performance improvement strategies, with a specific focus on cross-selling and integration, including the development of competitive analyses, market analyses, product development road maps, market plans, pricing strategies and product line extensions
- Champions change by leading innovation through Partnerships and Alliances to quicken
- Keeps abreast of important developments in financial market infrastructures in the cluster, and shapes Citi's position and voice to achieve progressive development
- Build consensus and awareness of the value proposition throughout the organization and key partners
- Ensures products are well represented in the distribution channel and drive various initiatives for growth in specific verticals
- Develops and enhances Product Approval Programs and related processes, ensures products are delivered and adhere to all parameters globally
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams, including technology, operations, legal, implementations, and sales to deliver solutions for Citi clients
- Leads a team that is responsible for the ongoing performance and maintenance of P& R products, including client experience, pricing, risk and distribution
- Ensures robust connectivity between the cluster and the regional product teams, by communicating important & emerging client, market, regulatory and strategic developments from the cluster to the region, and from the region and global teams, into the cluster teams.
- Ensures sales and relationship managers are trained, and ready to identify client needs, and propose solutions in line with business objectives
- Analyzes vertical/product specific P&Ls to ensure goals are being met
- Provides subject matter expertise and leadership to in-country product leads, through consistent coaching & upskilling, exposure to new solutions, product risk management
- Partners closely with sales teams to identify client opportunities and with the client management organization to meet with prospective clients and to size new opportunities
- Gathers market intelligence and develops sophisticated market sizing studies to identify the attractiveness of particular markets segments and product offerings
- Defines and analyzes sector trends, opportunities and issues, and creates business cases to drive investment decisions.
- Represent customer needs and provide strategic direction on product development features, functionality and overall competitiveness
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- First Degree in a Numerate discipline.
- MBA or Professional Accounting qualification is an added advantage
- Candidates must also have a minimum of 15 years of postgraduation experience, out of which at least 10 must have been in the banking industry
- Exhibits credibility, flexibility and authenticity when communicating with clients, employees, internal partners, regulators, media, and other key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of developing and executing business growth strategies in the banking industry and at least 2 as Assistant General Manager.
- Exceptional speaking and written communication skills.
- Strong listening skills and ability to influence key stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply