Polytechnic Librarian at Federal Polytechnic Mubi
The Federal Polytechnic, Mubi is one of the seven (7) Federal Polytechnics established by Decree No.33 of 1979. The Polytechnic moved to Mubi in October, 1982, after about three years sojourn in Yola, the Adamawa State Capital following a Presidential directive. A Campus of the Polytechnic still sprawls on the rocky banks of the River Benue in Yola. InMubi, the Institution inherited the buildings of the defunct Federal School of Arts and Science.
The Polytechnic located along Barama axis of Mubi North Local Government was established to train middle and high level manpower for the Nigeria economy. The Institutions runs full-time programmes at both National Diploma and Higher National Diploma (ND & HND) levels, which are all accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Functions & Duties
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day running of the Polytechnic Library and for formulating overall Library policies.
Qualifications / Experience
The candidate for the Polytechnic Librarian must:
- Possess a good Honors Degree not lower than 2nd Class Lower Division in Library & Information Science and a Masters Degree in Library Information (Science) Studies from recognized Institution of higher learning. A Ph.D Degree will be an added advantage.
- Be proficient in ICT Packages.
- Have put in a minimum of Eighteen (18) years post Degree qualification with cognate work experience preferably in the Polytechnic Sector, ten (10) of which must be at the Library Management position.
- Not be in a position lower than Deputy Polytechnic Librarian.
- Must be morally sound of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment.
- Give evidence of current membership of Library Professional Bodies and registered with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Give sufficient evidence of continual scholarship and contribution to knowledge through publications in reputable peer reviewed outlets both within and outside the country.
Tenure Of Appointment
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a single tenure of five (5) years and no more in line with the Extant Provisions.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Polytechnic Librarian in the Nigerian Federal Polytechnic and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Fringe benefits include a Pension Scheme in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time-to-time by the Federal Government.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and Twenty Five (25) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full Names with Surname first
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area.
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number and e-mail.
- Permanent Home Address if different from the address above
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates (Certified copies attached).
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Previous Employment Records including Post, Date and Salary.
- Present Employment Records including Post, Date and Salary.
- Vision for the Polytechnic in the next five (5) years with particular reference to relevant materials requisition for, and management of Polytechnic Library (not more than 500 words).
- Report of three (3) Referees on the candidate.
Applications should be forwarded either by hand or post in a sealed envelope and marked "Post Of Polytechnic Librarian" on the top left hand side of the envelope to reach:
The Office of the Registrar,
The Federal Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 35, Mubi,
Adamawa State, Nigeria.
Note: Late submission of applications will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 6th September, 2021.