Process Control Engineer at International Breweries Plc
International Breweries Plc - Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Control Engineer
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Job Type: Full-time
- The primary role for this job is to manage, design, co-ordinate and implement the installations of new process control systems within brewing, energy & fluids and packaging. To ensure sustainable integrity and stability of the control and automation infrastructure and proactively recommend best practices within the control and automation arena.
The Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide insight and feedback on how processes are controlled to area Support plant process optimization in terms of quality, cost and speed improvements
- To support regions with process optimization efforts in terms of improving quality, cost and speed of brewery processes managers and process engineers so that optimization proposals can be engineered
- Support the change control process at the brewery to ensure that approved changes are made in accordance with approved procedures and vendor recommendations to the control and automation system as specified by area managers and process engineers
- Follow-up on the effectiveness and sustainability of changes made
- To ensure and maintain control and automation systems uptime by continuously assessing and mitigating risks, resolving breakdowns and instituting sustainable prevention measures
- Conducting C&A risk assessments and recommending mitigation as per the site risk assessment process
- Executing mitigation efforts in reduction of the risks identified
- Attending to and resolving C&A breakdowns both during and after office hours either remotely or by coming to site
- Assist with technology selection by providing regions with insight into new technologies and making recommendations around these
- Provide regions with advice of technology implementation during technologies
- Provide regions with divisional standards where they exist or assist regions in developing new standards in conjunction with the regions
- Design and commissioning of projects
- Support regions with problems experienced in the control and automation layer that has been escalated to BIS
- Conducting after action reviews to engineer, design and execute sustainable preventative measures
- Support regions with C&A project implementation and ensure that they adhere to the C&A standards within the project
- To support regions with control and automation project implementations by ensuring correct control and automation standards are followed and advising on technologies where applicable
- Provide input to the business case by reviewing business cases and making recommendations to the regions
- Minimum of Degree in Electrical Engineering / Software
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Control and Automation including:
- PLC systems
- Manufacturing processes
- S88 batch control standard
- Field instrumentation and networks
- SCADA systems
- Networks and servers
- Microsoft server software
- Manufacturing Execution systems (MES)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline 27th August, 2021.