Procurement Assistant at Peace Restoration and Integral Global Development Initiative
Peace Restoration and Integral Global Development Initiative (PRIDE) is a Non-Profit National Organization, born out of passion for the well-being of the vulnerable women and children in the Nigerian society, especially in the NE / NW Nigeria. We have special interest in reducing suffering in the society in times of crisis which may be as a result of conflict or natural disaster. The organization is currently focusing its attention on the NE Nigeria, with special emphasis on (Borno, Adamawa, Yobe and Zamfara) State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Procurement Officer to manage the organization’s procurement supply management system.
- This role will take the lead in executing effective and efficient procurement and supply chain services in ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparent integrity and compliance with established procurement rules and regulations.
Terms of Reference
The Procurement Assistant under the supervision of the Admin/Finance Officer and will carry out the following:
- Ensure timely preparation of procurement plans for projects and monitor their implementation by controlling processes including receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, evaluation and negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in fill compliance with our Procurement Manual and the guidance
- Be cognizant of lead time and supply chain logistics information to ensure project activities are not jeopardized
- Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategy; supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement
- Manage and monitor tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Social Sciences.
- A Degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Skills in decision-making, negotiations and networking.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in logistics and supply chain management
- Relevant Certifications will be an added advantage.
- Proven working experience as a procurement Assistant or head of procurement for large organizations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th November, 2023.