Production Manager at Saro Agrosciences Limited
Saroafrica International Limited is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saroafrica has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saroafrica is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saroafrica is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant. This role is expected to be for Saro Agrosciences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Magboro, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Overseeing and managing smooth and efficient factory production, to produce good quality outputs with desired yield levels.
- Promote a culture of constant reviewing of all production processes to increase efficiency, productivity and quality whilst striving to lower cost.
- Communicate effectively with your team to allocate work, set deadlines, and inform employees of issues.
- Focus closely on labour, waste and GMP targets to ensure efficiency.
- Ensures material planning is adequately done, with raw & packaging materials order and delivered for use with sufficient buffer stock provision.
- Head up the Continuous improvement (CI) team, ensuring that projects are handled efficiently and with the greatest positive outcome.
- Ensure savings are on track through Business Improvement Projects.
- Manage and support a team of Supervisors and other operational/ technical teams.
- Encouraging a LEAN manufacturing and continuously improving culture.
- Ensuring the effective application of Company policies and processes and to work with the business to develop these further.
- Championing and adhering to our Health and Safety mandate.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Production, Industrial, or related field) etc.
- Have at least a 5 years related processing experience in an FMCG or chemical / herbicide filling plant operation / facility.
- Age Requirement: 28 - 40 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th July 2022.