Program Assistant I - Media Compliance and Monitoring at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior - from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases - by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant I - Media Compliance and Monitoring
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The program assistant will work with the media planning, buying and monitoring unit to develop monitoring processes on a state-to-state basis, facilitate hiring and training of media monitors and manage compliance review and payments.
- Also, the program assistant would be involved is some media buying activities across all BA-N states such as negotiations and contracting process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in managing relationship with Media Monitoring Agencies and Independent monitors to ensure strict broadcast compliance of BA Nigeria's media products
- Maintaining weekly and monthly monitoring report of all BA spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in all BA states.
- Work with the state M&E and SBCOs to manage media monitors effectively and record compliances.
- Ensuring independent monitors are paid promptly and correctly
- Identify needs and learnings and applying those learnings in the improvement of our media strategy
- Participate in deployment process for radio and TV stations and monitoring agencies.
- Participate in capacity building of partner stations.
- Keeping good records of all BA’s media contents and their broadcast status.
- Updating all monitoring information/feedback and recording for future reference
- Maintaining regular and ongoing communications with media and non-media partners, keeping them up to date on relevant broadcast developments and reflecting their feedback back to organization for consideration on media plans
- Working with the team to negotiate for transmission/broadcast time for all BA’s programmes.
- Coordinate media monitors capacity building on utilization of forms and other monitoring tools; ensuring the required documents are filled up to standard
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Requirements, Education and / or Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years’ experience of working with the Media, Production and Public Relations agency.
- Proven organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and be well versed in the use of the computer especially Microsoft excel.
- Mentoring, training, and developing staff.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and at least one other Nigerian language
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and work effectively with a diverse range of people
- Media Buying or Monitoring Agency background would be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the Nigeria Media Landscape
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative and make sound judgment while maintaining a team players spirit.
- Ability to multitask and deliver promptly.
- Strong understanding of the role of communications in development organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send PDF copies of their CV to: email@example.com using "Program Assistant I - Media Compliance and Monitoring - Abuja" as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 3rd December, 2021.