Program Assistant, Monitoring and Evaluation at Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN)
Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) also known as Caritas Nigeria, was incorporated in September, 2010, as the relief and development arm of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Nigeria (CBCN). Caritas Nigeria is a member of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 162 countries providing relief and supporting human development around the world. Caritas Nigeria's main focus of interventions are in Emergency Response & Humanitarian Services; Health (HIV/AIDS and TB) interventions; Agriculture & Livelihoods; Good Governance; Anti-human Trafficking & Irregular Migration; Institutional Development & Capacity Strengthening.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified for the position of:
Job Title: Program Assistant, Monitoring and Evaluation
- The project focuses on providing support vulnerable households with cash and ruminants, empower rural farmers with improved agricultural inputs to increase farm yields as well as provide selected households with eco-friendly stoves.
- The Assistant, Monitoring and Evaluation will work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Program Manager and head of the Humanitarian and response unit to provide effective monitoring of project activities, in accordance with Caritas Nigeria Policy Provisions, with regard to project monitoring, evaluation and accountability and other related matters as are required; all in compliance with statutory regulations and best practice
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide effective support in the following regards
- Supports the development of monitoring and reporting tools and guidance documents for use in gathering, collating and analyzing M&E data
- Provide inputs to use data to inform the organization’s operational planning processes to ensure cross departmental planning based on available information;
- Ensure proper planning and implementation focusing on overall M&E framework of the project
- Support and provide innovative strategies to strengthen data collection, monitoring, evaluation, analysis and reporting
- Ensure timely gathering of M&E data to inform program monitoring, reporting and decision making
- Collate and consolidate M&E reports generated by partners into monthly project progress reports and provide all relevant information to the monitoring and evaluation officer
- Embark on regular field monitoring visits to verify data quality and authenticity in the project sites
- Provide quality assurance through the development and implementation of an M&E operations and reporting.
- Assist with the development of a consolidated monthly reporting system format for project staff, with designated section of each project component. Assist in the conduct of project baseline and progress survey (appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods and data collection procedures, data verification through periodic site visits where appropriate).
- Support the development of project annual work plans and associated budgets related to M&E related activities.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the monitoring and evaluation officer in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievements of results;
- Collate and follow up on Issue Log for the project
- Respond to all data queries from monitoring and evaluation officer
- Support training and mentoring to partners and field officers on the use of data tools
- Performs routine Data Quality Assurance (DQA) in the project and implement designed systems of a project.
- Ensure project data are entered and updated on timely basis.
- Prepare progress report on activities undertaken, results achieved against targets and plan for follow up actions.
- Ensure lessons learned are fed back into project implementation.
- Assist in project reviews and evaluations.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and community of practice.
- Provide support on data tracking and reporting on mobilized resources
- Carry out any other duty as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Bachelor's Degree / HND in Social Sciences, Sociology, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or any related field.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience of working experience in monitoring and evaluation with INGO, NGO and civil society organization.
- Moderate IT Skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships.
- Fluent in English Language (Oral and Written) and local dialect of the work area.
- Willingness to reside and ability to travel throughout northeastern Nigeria.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- High degree of accountability and integrity and ability to coach, mentor and inspire subordinates.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in community participation/engagement-type project.
- Knowledge of how to leverage new technology, remote monitoring platforms, and social media to gather and analyze local context and perceptions data.
- Ability to identify and develop creative and innovative approaches to monitor activity outcomes and improve activities design and implementation based on findings from action research.
Should possess good skills in:
- Knowledge of common used probability and purposive sampling technique
- Determining activities/process/output/outcomes/impact
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Information management and reporting, networking and stakeholder engagement, negotiations and persuasion, planning and organizing and problem analysis.
- Attention to details.
- Identifying and detailing out key monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Facilitation and training of field staff on data gathering and data compilation
- Knowledge of improving quality of information during information gathering.
- Data and result oriented; team player, pro-active and innovative.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply