Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Project Finance Manager at Plan International
Project Finance Manager at Plan International
Jan 23, 2020, 3:46 PM
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Project Finance Manager - IHA GAC Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To ensure financial accountability for the project, according to Plan and GAC-IHA donor requirements.
- Provides timely and accurate financial information on grants.
- Position holder acts as finance focal person for the grant finance-related issues (budgeting, cash flow management, reporting, auditing etc.)
- The post holder will also contribute towards the organisational development of Plan International Nigeria’s implementing/project partners.
- Monitors and control GAC-IHA project annual budget.
- Finance Officer reports directly to the role.
- Area of responsibility – Maiduguri field office.
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and with partners and related government institutions.
- The post holder will contribute towards the financial management of the grant and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members.
- Prepare the GAC-IHA project annual budget as part of the preparation of the Country’s annual budget.
- Monitor the project budget to ensure spending as per plan to avoid over spending.
- Prepare the quarterly Project KP06 budget.
- Prepare a monthly budget vs Actual spending project and Project report.
- Prepare the Field office version of the monthly Target Bank Balance (TBB) report.
- Prepare the Field office version of the Monthly Finance Statistics (MFS) report.
- Prepare the monthly Partners unliquidated advances report.
- Assist the FOM in the preparation of the quarterly and year-end financial schedules.
- Make a monthly support visit to the project partners and submit report.
- Submit field office sub-ledger for all advances, prepaid expenses, accruals etc., to CO.
- Follow up staff advances to ensure prompt liquidation and submit monthly report to CO Accounts Assistant.
- Assist in the preparation of country’s financial management reports (Monthly, quarterly and yearly).
- Prepare and submit the project monthly Cash forecast.
- Ensure that the Project cash and bank accounts balances are never in negative.
- Follow up bank account issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation statement and submit to CO for consolidation.
- Review and submit to CO the monthly receipts reconciliation statement.
- Ensure correct use of WBS (work breakdown structure) for all requisitions and journals.
- Ensure that invoices are posted only when good receipt note have been entered by Procurement dept., to avoid GR/IR (Good receipt/Invoice receipt) related issues.
- Submit to CO Finance Officer monthly accrual and prepayment schedules.
- Advise CO on all field level intercompany recharges.
- Ensure to carry out all required month-end procedures before SAP is closed - balance sheet accounts review, clearing of accounts 121000, NO recharge GLs etc.
- Ensure the required SAP monthly reports are printed and signed off.
- Maintain a good filing for all Field level SAP payment vouchers and reports.
- Undertake accuracy checks to ensure all transactions entered in SAP are correct.
- Regular review of NRGRANT status towards ensuring grant related expenditure are charged on applicable grant.
- Prepare the weekly payment list based on the Cash forecast requirement approved by CO/WARO.
- Ensure payments made are as per Plan’s approved policies, procedures, and that of the donor rules and regulations.
- Review the finance sections of all purchase requisitions, advance requests, liquidations, and purchase orders for financial conformity.
- Review all cheques issued before sign off by Plan authorised Managers.
- Prepare field office financial audit action list after each audit and ensure compliance.
- Monitor and submit quarterly report on field level financial risk.
- Ensure Field level accounting is processed and prepared based on the accrual accounting principle.
- Ensure all withholding taxes are remitted as per statutory time lines and receipts collected.
- Ensure withholding tax credit notes are promptly collected for distribution to vendors/consultants etc.
- Ensure direct report’s IAP, six months appraisal and annual appraisal are timely completed and documented.
- Provide training and share good experience/practice among the team to strengthen team capacity.
- Keep Supervisor informed of any initiative or difficulties relating to the job’s responsibilities.
- Fulfils Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to protect children from all forms of abuse.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the achievement of organizational goals.
- University degree in Accounting or equivalent. Master's in Finance or Business Administration is required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Fair knowledge in grants and project management.
- Knowledge and use of accounting software (Preferably SAP)
- Preferred qualifications: knowledge of and experience with the key donors in the industry is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated behavior needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role:
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Ability to facilitate participative processes for all stakeholders for implementing grant projects.
- Strong team building skills, Organized and methodical.
- Independence, objectivity and integrity.
- Good supervisory & coordination skills and ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Fair knowledge of project planning, management, supervision, monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in grant and financial management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Application Deadline 4th February, 2020.
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts