Project Manager at Homeland
Homeland is a Real Estate Development & Construction Company in Lagos State and we invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Candidates is required to be organized, analytical and thorough in owning, coordinating, managing and overseeing all aspects of project implementation from inception to completion within the set time frame, budget and scope.
- Candidates is required to think quickly and strategically when identifying and addressing challenges; and,
- He/she will display sensitivity and high levels of emotional intelligence when interacting with all stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop technically feasible project proposals that define the project scope, objectives, phased approach, and timeline for execution
- Develop SOPs to guide the execution of the projects on the field
- Determine resources (material and human) required to meet the objectives of the project, and allocate appropriately
- Define S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) KPIs specific to the project
- Perform risk management to minimize risks on the project
- Design (real-time) project tracker for monitoring progress, as well as a reporting template for weekly reports
- Coordinate the training / onboarding of key personnel required for executing the project, where applicable.
- Prepare budget for project based on resource requirements, logistics and key activities required for the execution of the project
- Determine other department(s) required to join the execution team. Define the responsibilities of each departmental team member
- Develop detailed project plan showing the phases of the project, tasks/activities, resource requirements per task, team member responsible and timeline
- Establish and document the processes to be followed during project execution
- Implement project using industry best practices and following all established processes and ethical rules and guidelines
- Update project tracker daily or as frequently as changes occur
- Measure project performance, document challenges and develop action plans for addressing the challenges
- Discuss action plan with management and execute immediately.
- Create and maintain an organized comprehensive project documentation
- Track project costs to ensure activities are implemented within the budget
- Liaise with team members to ensure tasks are being achieved completely and in a timely manner
- Manage contracts with stakeholders by assigning tasks and communicating deliverables
- Monitor progress daily and make adjustments as needed
- Prepare weekly reports highlighting key updates, trends and progress
- Share weekly report with management.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferably in Building Technology)
- MBA, MPH, PhD, MD or other relevant Graduate or Postgraduate degree is a plus
- 5+ years of multidisciplinary experience in building construction.
- Certification in project management e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2, is a plus.
- Proven working experience in project management: Should have managed a team consisting of at least three other members on several short-to-medium term client projects
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to think critically, take initiative and make strategic decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze large sets of data, interpret and report in a coherent format
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation skills: Proven ability to communicate a message in an articulate & professional manner
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 2nd September, 2021.