Project Officer at Al Basar International Foundation, Nigeria
Al-Basar International Foundation Trust started its activities in Nigeria with an outreach program i.e. mobile eye surgical camp in 1994 and from that period to date foundation is providing eye care services. In August 2004, Al-Basar expanded its activities by the establishment of Makkah Specialist Eye Hospital in the northern commercial city of Kano.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Project Officer will develop, operationalize and revise project work-plans to ensure project activities are carried out as and when scheduled;
- Establish an effective information management system for the project;
- Review, produce activity and periodic report; and establish improved mechanisms, guidelines and operating principles for project management.
- Project Officer (PO) will lead the project implementation and project team at the state level.
Essential Job Responsibilities
An efficient Project Officer with a capacity for independent effort is required to carry out, but not limited to the following duties in the new project:
- Develop, operationalize and revise project work-plans to ensure that activities are carried out as an when scheduled
- Establish an effective information management system
- Review and establish improved mechanisms, guidelines and operating principles for project management
- Produce activity and periodic reports
- Plan, organize and coordinate project capacity building events
- Prepare the project management systems for portfolio reviews and evaluation
- Manages project budget and make appropriate recommendations for budget reviews and/or adjustments in accordance.
- Responsible for budget defense and takes responsibility for significant budget variances.
- Provide leadership, coordinate and implement all programmatic activities related to the projects
- Ensure to implement child safeguarding/protection policy and Code of Conduct of the organization.
- Participate in and in some cases lead stakeholders interface activities such as sensitization visits, advocacy visits and monitoring activities
- Represent the organization at meetings with partners, government officials, coalition members and advocacy constituencies
- Carries out any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Project Director
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating programs
- Demonstrated experience working in teams, as well as, working independently with minimum supervision
- Experience in program and financial management
- Excellent writing ability, strong interpersonal, group facilitation and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a commitment to diversity in the workplace
- Results oriented with a strong commitment to get the job done on time and with highest professional standards
- Good computer skills and proficient in Microsoft applications -excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proven ability to represent the organization in dealings with external stakeholders
- Experience in community mobilization
- Experience in the similar position in national or International organizations.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 4th April, 2022.