Project Officer at Christoffel Blinden Mission
Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organisations, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Employment Type: Fixed term contract for 12 months (Maternity Cover) / Part-Time (55%-65%)
Department: Community-based Inclusive Development
Reports to: The Project Officer will report to the Inclusive Development Director
- The role is primarily focused on supporting the CMH and CBID thematic teams.
- The position works as part of a team alongside a Finance/ Project Administration Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Writing, analysis and organization of project documentation
- Developing project indicators across CMH and CBID
- Coordinating partner reports.
- Supporting thematic directors in business development, developing strategic documents around OPD engagement and foundations for inclusion, proposals for funding.
- Budget monitoring for CBID and CMH team expenditure.
- Co-ordinate thematic focal points network and quarterly meetings and learning opportunities
- Supporting implementation and maintenance of our project management system, Global Online and Global contracts
- Coordinating and completing all financial and administrative aspects of the thematic team’s work, developing TORs and contracts that are aligned with CBM Global processes
- Supporting individual/teams organising meetings (mainly online), workshops (online) ensuring their accessibility, and including budgetary aspects and administration e.g., processing claims, payment of advances etc.
- Understands the incident management framework and their first responder role in recording, responding and reporting incidents.
- Understands the survivor-centred approach and how to apply it when receiving a complaint or responding to an incident.
- Knows local support services available in the community or region, and how to engage them.
- Able to listen and accurately document reported concerns and complaints. Able to respect the confidentiality of safeguarding allegations. Able to appropriately apply the survivor-centred approach.
- Treats the survivor and others involved in an incident with dignity and respect. Be assertive in implementing the initial incident response protocols by gaining the trust and cooperation of parties involved.
Key Outcomes Expected from this Role
- Project documentation: Templates, Process Guides, etc. are accessible, organized and up to date.
- Regular monitoring reports are available for senior management on how the team’s resources (including human resources) are being utilized.
- Meetings and workshops are organised.
- Global grants are managed smoothly, with paperwork and Global Online up to date.
CBM Global welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability. All of the following requirements are essential, unless marked with a when they are desirable.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Professional experience in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 3 years at Project Officer level.
- Experience in supporting fundraising opportunities successfully, including proven experience in proposal development.
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and budget tracking.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with implementing partners and project stakeholders
- Experience in working with other organizations and donors
Skills / Competencies / Personal Qualities
- Skilled in sustaining collaborative relationships with stakeholders, internal and external.
- Passionate about effecting change for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities, with a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global and sympathetic to our Christian values.
- Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- A self-starter. Proactive, resourceful, a high level of autonomy and entrepreneurial.
- Diligent, persistent with a can-do, positive attitude
- Ability to demonstrate focus, coordination, prioritization skills and decisiveness, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Lived experience of disability and knowledge of disability issues an advantage
- Relevant experience and qualifications in project management and administration
- Experience in managing contracts,
- Good management skills with experience of implementing projects and managing budgets of large institutionally funded programmes.
- English professional proficiency; French an advantage.
- Hours: Part-time, 55% - 65% of a Full-Time role
- Salary Range: The salary offered will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience, as well as country of location.
- We offer a local contract.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th September, 2023.