Project Officer at the Pan African University (PAU)
The Pan African University (PAU) is a flagship Institution of the African Union Commission, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This was the culmination of the decision of the Assembly of Heads of State and Governments of the African Union to create the Pan African University (EX.CL/579(XVII). It has five Institutes namely Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture) at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria; Governance, Humanities, and Social Sciences at University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon; Science, Technology and Innovation at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya; Water and Energy (including Climatic change) at University Tlemcen, Algeria and the Institute of Space Sciences, South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria On-site
Job Type: Full-time
About the Job
- The candidate will assist the Director of Physical Planning, the head of the department, with the day-to-day running and maintenance of university buildings, roads, and other University projects.
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met
- Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside consultants efficiently
- Report updates verbally and in written form to the team lead
- Collate contracts, timesheets and reports
- Draft presentations and formatting documents
- Support senior team members with administrative functions
- Facilitate project communications.
- Work collaboratively with the team lead to maximize productivity
- Collating budget and expenditure data.
- Scheduling meetings
- Coordinate project activities
- An Honours Degree in Building / Architecture / Civil Engineering / Quantity Surveying from an accredited University
- Prospective applicants must be proficient in ICT with demonstrable competence in computer-aided design and controls.
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to proactively address potential issues
- Significant hands-on experience with industry-specific software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the maill.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 8th July, 2022.