Quality Improvement Advisor at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Improvement Advisor
Reports to: Nigeria Project Lead
- Jhpiego seeks to hire qualified candidates for The Global Fund funded, “Quality Improvement and Leadership and Management Strengthening through Technical Assistance”.
- The project aims to provide support to Global Fund programs in 5 countries: Chad, DRC, Niger, Nigeria and Mali to implement an innovative approach for integrated supportive supervision (ISS) that includes collaborative improvement, training, a web-enabled supervision checklist, and supervision of supervisors to improve health worker performance and quality of care for integrated HIV/TB/Malaria/primary health care services for underserved population, as well as strengthen leadership and management skills among Ministry of Health staff for QI and improved integrated service delivery in health facilities and communities. The project will be implemented in Jigawa State.
- Jhpiego seeks a Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor for Jigawa State for The Global Fund funded, “Quality Improvement and Leadership and Management Strengthening through Technical Assistance”.
- The QI advisor will work under the supervision of the Nigeria Project Lead and Regional Program Manager to lead quality improvement and leadership and management activities in Jigawa state working closely with the State Ministry of Health and other government agencies and with the QI specialist.
- Lead technical assistance for quality improvement and leadership and management activities in Nigeria to achieve rapid and sustained goals, objectives and targets,
- Lead preparation, planning and implementation of QI capacity-building activities (training and mentoring) for facility health workers and district managers in program districts using virtual and in-person methods as appropriate
- Support development, adaptation and use of QI and L&M training curricula and tools as part of QI capacity-building activities and ongoing support of QI teams and district MOH managers
- Provide onsite and virtual support and mentoring to at least 15 sites in the selected project region for quality improvement activities related to HIV/TB/Malaria/primary health care services.
- Provide leadership and management to Jhpiego State team on the QI project
- Collaborate with MOH counterparts to align program-supported QI activities with existing MOH structures and processes including:
- Activation and ongoing support of QI teams to implement QI processes, including root cause analysis of critical quality gaps, change management to overcome gaps and regular monitoring and analysis of quality indicator results/trends
- Support to district managers and facility QI teams to calculate, visualize and analyse trends in quality-of-care results
- Support and help synthesize regular peer to peer and cross-site QI learning and exchange (virtual and in-person).
- Monitor project activities in Nigeria to ensure that they are on track and communicate regularly with the project management team about progress.
- Coordinate planned activities with relevant MoH department and other stakeholders, leadership and staff and ensure support and collaboration
- Lead technical assistance as a trusted partner of host country governments in the areas of quality improvement, leadership and management.
- Coordinate work planning and reporting processes in close collaboration with the project team.
- Write and review project materials related to Nigeria.
- Collect data as needed related to QI activities and submit them to the project central monitoring and evaluation advisor.
- Moderate and manage communication via selected virtual platforms
- Participate in any existing HTM and QoC technical working groups in program-supported districts
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with participating Jigawa MOHs and other in-country stakeholders and to involve them in this process.
- Contribute to preparation of program reports, communications and presentations.
- Represent program as requested in meetings, working groups and communications with external stakeholders and funder
- Represent Jhpiego and the project’s progress, achievements and lessons learned to ministry of health officials, key stakeholders, and through meetings and presentations.
- Health professional (e.g., Doctor, Nurse, Midwife) with at least 7-10years’ experience leading and implementing public health programs.
- Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, ministry of health officials and other partners
- Previous experience working closely with the Ministry of Health in Nigeria
- Comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
- Strong familiarity with health system and HIV, TB and Malaria service delivery context in Jigawa and Nigeria
- Previous experience in quality improvement, capacity development and program management.
- Previous experience working in HIV, TB and Malaria across health facilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position title and location as the subject of the email. Eg. "Quality Improvement Advisor, Jigawa”
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Application Deadline 15th November, 2021.